CRM

fairinacheng
Miembro

Emails sent to hotmail addresses going to spam or not being received at all

I have the GSuite/Hubspot extension and send emails directly through the GSuite platform in my browser (which are logged in the CRM via the extension). However I have found that all emails that go to hotmail.com addresses either land in their spam folders or are not received at all.

This is happening consistently with all hotmail addresses, and possibly is also happening with outlook.com and live.co.uk addresses (however I haven't had enough of these emails to test this).

How can I prevent this from happening?

6 Respuestas 6
andrus
Colaborador líder

Deliverability to hotmail/outlook/live is a bit of a black box. The good news is that if you're a good sender (ie. you give no reasons for people to mark your emails as spam), things tend to work themselves out. The bad news is that if you're a not-so-good sender, it's very hard to clean your sender reputation in the eyes of hotmail/outlook/live.

Hubspot has some great content on email deliverability, I've also written about deliverability here. That said, here's where I'd start:

- Did the issue start when you started using the Hubspot plugin? Does deactivating the Hubspot plugin rectify the issue?

- Is your sales team sending substantial amounts of cold / outreach emails without an unsubscribe link? If so, I'd revise that tactic (better list sourcing and targeting, reduce volume, clean lists, eliminate spikes in volume, etc)

- Have you checked your email subject lines and content for grammar and words that trigger spam?

- Have you checked your email template for best practices (text-to-image ratio, image sizes, no unnecessary tags, code, attachments or pixels)?

Hope this was useful.

Andrus Purde | Outfunnel - The easiest way to connect sales and marketing tools
fairinacheng
Miembro

I'll also mention that these are regular emails to individuals rather than marketing emails to a mailing list. Thanks!

0 Me gusta
fairinacheng
Miembro

Hi Andrus,

I don't know if the issue started when I started using the plugin, but it's definitely related to the plugin as the emails get through when the plugin is not activated (logged out).

I only send regular emails through this inbox, often responding to enquiries received by email via the website (WP Forms - which is set up properly so emails don't look like they are coming from the incorrect source) or directly from customers. Sometimes the emails may appear to be "cold" (where a customer has provided an email address through website chat that I then respond to via the email address), however there are only a few individual "cold" emails a week, not sent in bulk, all with different content, so I don't think it would be excessive. 

Sometimes there are $ figures in the content, but no reference to any of the terms commonly considered spammy. They are all predominantly text emails - sometimes there may be 1 image attachment - but text is more common.

I do think it's related to the Hubspot plugin. I have tested with my own hotmail address and continue to test with customers. Emails without the plugin activated seem to get through, while emails with the plugin activated seem to either go to spam, or are not received at all.

Thanks,

Fairina

0 Me gusta
andrus
Colaborador líder

Very interesting, but alas I'm out of ideas here - seems to be a very specific thing with your account and setup with the plugin.  

Andrus Purde | Outfunnel - The easiest way to connect sales and marketing tools
0 Me gusta
ndwilliams3
Asesor destacado

check to make sure you have SPF & DKIM setup on your email domain in gsuite.

fairinacheng
Miembro

Thank you, yes this has been done. I had someone set it up for me.

0 Me gusta