CRM

Mcoughlin16

Emails sent from Hubspot have "On behalf of" in from line

SOLVE

Hi, I've browsed the existing posts and Google but haven't been able to find an answer.

I have the Hubspot Outlook plugin downloaded and active (it adds the bcc snippet to outgoing emails, I see the plugin in my Outlook, and it's successfully tracking emails I send through Outlook).

However, when I send an email through the Hubspot dashboard and select the correct 'from' address, the recipient gets an email from a strange @outlook.com email address and it says "on behalf of" my email. See screenshot below.

Mcoughlin16_0-1669245430345.png

How do I set it up so it just sends from my email address without the 'on behalf of...'?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
franksteiner79
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @Mcoughlin16 

That's something I've only ever seen with marketing emails but not with sales/CRM emails in HubSpot.

The "on behalf" normally gets added when there is a mis-match between domains, or when an email alias was connected that doesn't match the main account. But like I said, I've only ever seen this with marketing emails when people don't connect and authenticate their sending domain via DKIM.

Could you shed some light on the following:

• Is your email provider Outlook or Office 365?
  • Is it a business or a personal MSFT account?
  • Which option did you select when connecting your personal email to HubSpot?
  • When you say you "send an email through the Hubspot dashboard" do you mean the contact record -> create email view as per below?

Screenshot 2022-11-24 at 09.32.10.png

Look forward to hear from you.

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Mcoughlin16

SOLVE

Success! With your help I figured it out:

I have a personal Microsoft 365 account, and in email settings it was showing 'Outlook 365' as my inbox type. So even though I use regular Outlook for my email, it was tied to my personal MSFT account somehow.

I went ahead and deleted my email setup, then set it up again with just my outlook imap/smpt settings, ignoring the Microsoft 365 account. I just sent a couple test emails and it looks like it worked!

And yes, the issue is when sending an email from the Contact Record > Create Email.

Thank you for your help!

Matt

0 Upvotes
franksteiner79
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @Mcoughlin16 

That's something I've only ever seen with marketing emails but not with sales/CRM emails in HubSpot.

The "on behalf" normally gets added when there is a mis-match between domains, or when an email alias was connected that doesn't match the main account. But like I said, I've only ever seen this with marketing emails when people don't connect and authenticate their sending domain via DKIM.

Could you shed some light on the following:

• Is your email provider Outlook or Office 365?
  • Is it a business or a personal MSFT account?
  • Which option did you select when connecting your personal email to HubSpot?
  • When you say you "send an email through the Hubspot dashboard" do you mean the contact record -> create email view as per below?

Screenshot 2022-11-24 at 09.32.10.png

Look forward to hear from you.

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project