ChrisM88

Emails logging to wrong contact(s)

Hi I'm having an issue where emails or logging to the wrong contacts:

• I've doubled checked the email addresses in the contacts
  • Checked that I wasn't forwarding emails from previous contacts
  • Made sure the heading was changed in the emails
  • Disconnected and reconnected my inbox and integrations
  • Signed in and out of Hubspot
  • Sometimes the emails are ALL going to a single contact and grouping in there and then some will just go to a random contact and if I do not keep an eye on the Team activity section on the dashboard I can't tell what random contact that email just got logged to

Can someone please help me on this - I'm at a loss as whats causing this?

4 Replies 4
Jenny26
Top Contributor

We just discovered this exact issue with one of our reps using the Outlook plugin. Unfortunately, we almost lost a client because of it. We thought we responded to their request but that response was for a different record and client. We're researching the fix you are suggesting but it doesn't seem to be the issue. I was able to go through about 100 emails and correct the associations - however, the thread is still there in each record.

Understandably so, my team is hesitant to use the plugin. I have two questions: 1) how do I sort out the threads? Each email is associated with the correct contact, company, and deal but they are all still threaded together. It's a mess. 2) Any updates on fixing this issue?

0 Upvotes
Jenny26
Top Contributor

I'm replying again to correct something I said. I just learned that my team mates were forwarding an email (changing the email address & subject) to re-use a template. It sounds like this is what caused the problem.

HubSpot, I have a recommendation - Please, put an obvious note with the Outlook plugin and 365 plugin, telling users not to forward an email for this reason. Thank you!

0 Upvotes
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @ChrisM88 

One explanation for emails being logged on a thread with a different contact is that the same compose window was kept open for sending different emails - you can see a full explanation of that here

I hope this helps 

Best,

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
ASurridge

Hi @sharonlicari  I am having this issue where the where emails or logging to the wrong contacts. I understand what has caused it as I forwarded and email template. However, can you advise how I can now move these logged emails to the correct client? 

0 Upvotes