CRM

GSWilliams

Emails linked to Company not contact

SOLVE

New to Hubspot this year! 

We're a media sales organization and we work with agency buyers.

Within each deal we link the contact -- the lead buyer we're working with - as well as the agency they work. The Activities tab for the deal is pulling in all emails with the COMPANY/Agency NOT the specific contact for that deal. 

How can I set it up so that we ONLY see the emails relevant to that deal or that specific contact?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
BukunmiOdetayo
Solution
Top Contributor | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @GSWilliams,

How do you create these deals? Are they automatically created via a workflow or manually by a member of your team?

Either way, when creating a deal, you have the option of associating a contact or even contacts (in this case, the lead buyer you're working with), as well as associating a company (the agency where the lead buyer work). After this, in the deal activities tab, you are going to see all the activities of a particular deal and the associated records (usually in the right sidebar of that deal, while the activities will be at the middle bar). 

Please note that the emails of the contact or the company associated with that deal will be seen on the contact and/or the company, and not in the deal activity. This is because deals, contacts, and companies are different objects in HubSpot, although they are associated with one another.

However, if you're not seeing some record information like the associated contact's emails on your deal, it might either be because you did not include that information in the filter (screenshot below) or you will have to click into that associated contact to see all the information you need.

fl2.PNG

Let me know if this answers your question.

Bukunmi (Matt) Odetayo

Discuss Your Hubspot Needs

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
BukunmiOdetayo
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @GSWilliams,

How do you create these deals? Are they automatically created via a workflow or manually by a member of your team?

Either way, when creating a deal, you have the option of associating a contact or even contacts (in this case, the lead buyer you're working with), as well as associating a company (the agency where the lead buyer work). After this, in the deal activities tab, you are going to see all the activities of a particular deal and the associated records (usually in the right sidebar of that deal, while the activities will be at the middle bar). 

Please note that the emails of the contact or the company associated with that deal will be seen on the contact and/or the company, and not in the deal activity. This is because deals, contacts, and companies are different objects in HubSpot, although they are associated with one another.

However, if you're not seeing some record information like the associated contact's emails on your deal, it might either be because you did not include that information in the filter (screenshot below) or you will have to click into that associated contact to see all the information you need.

fl2.PNG

Let me know if this answers your question.

Bukunmi (Matt) Odetayo

Discuss Your Hubspot Needs

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.