Emails bouncing

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hello everybody,

we have the issue, that all of our Emails to a certain email client (gmx.degmx.atweb.de  based by 1&1 Mail & Media GmbH) are listed as Spam and are not delivered and we get a bounce.

In a first check i could see, that the server Ip where the Emails where send is : 167.89.35.200 and that this IP is Blacklisted on SORBS Spam List.

I can not directly identify if this Blacklist is the reason why we cannot send Emails to our clients.

Does anyone know how we can solve this problem. Unless we are not able to send emails to our clients.

Thanks
best regards
Sebastian Feuster
13 Replies 13
HubSpot Product Team

Hi Sebastian,

That IP address, 167.89.35.200, is the generic IP for sending CRM email. By connecting an inbox to HubSpot Sales you are able to use your own email client and therefore your own IP address to send emails. This would bypass the SORBS listing entirely and allow you to assume ownership of the reputation that is checked by your contacts.

To do this follow these steps: How to connect your email inbox to HubSpot Sales

Let me know if you have any other questions regarding this.

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Hey paxton,

thanks for your feedback. befor i posted this question/issue i have alteady read the other entries in the community and we face the same problem as a number of other users. We do not have outlook on our Macs and our Webpage and Mailserver are hosted and so we do not use google Mail.

Is there a possibility that the ip will change, that the blacklisting will be removed after a couple of days? Or something else?

Or do we have to face this problem and we are not able to send emails from Hubspot ever again?

Thanks

best regards

Sebastian

0 Upvotes
HubSpot Product Team

That IP has not changed since the beginning of Email from the CRM. For a bit of context, it used to be the only option for customers before connecting to Gmail, and then we opened it up to Outlook users. I do not expect it to change.

Thanks for that information that your email client is incompatible with HubSpot Sales. SORBS is a fairly low impact list. Meaning that when IPs get listed on SORBS there usually aren't too many bounces from it. SORBS does not allow us to request delisting.

There are a few options still to increase your deliverability with the small subset of recipients that use SORBS.

1. The affected recipients can add your from address to their inbox contacts list. This will bypass the spam filter and the SORBS listing will have no effect in most email domain configurations.

2. The affected recipients can whitelist the default CRM IP address, 167.89.35.200. This will bypass the spam filter and ensure deliverability.

3. (costly, and time consuming) You could change email clients to Gmail or Outlook. This would enable you to use your own email client and your own network reputation.

Let me know if there is anything else I can clarify. Thanks for your understanding. Best, -Paxton

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Did the ip address 167.89.35.200 just recently get added to the SORBS list? I am noticing many of my emails sent from the CRM system going to my contact's spam in just the past few weeks.

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

@paxton I checked SORBS and see an entry from March 18th (see below). I think this is right around the time I started having issues. Can you confirm this is a problem and could be a real issue for those using the CRM mail tool?

4-11-2017 1-45-26 PM.png

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Hey ab8140,

thanks for your investigation. on my side can i not really confirm that this is a problem. But around that date our emails send via Hubspot are blocked by some big email providers. Since then we send the most emails with our normal email client unless we switched everything to outlook.

0 Upvotes
HubSpot Product Team

@ab8140, that IP address, 167.89.35.200, is the generic IP for sending CRM email. By connecting an inbox to HubSpot Sales you are able to use your own email client and therefore your own IP address to send emails. This would bypass the SORBS listing entirely and allow you to assume ownership of the reputation that is checked by your contacts spam filters.

To do this follow these steps: How to connect your email inbox to HubSpot Sales

If you are unable to do the above, like Sebastian, then please be aware that SORBS is a fairly low impact list. Meaning that when IPs get listed on SORBS there usually aren't too many bounces from it. SORBS does not allow us to request delisting of that IP. With that said you can still do the following:
1. The affected recipients can add your from address to their inbox contacts list. This will bypass the spam filter and the SORBS listing will have no effect in most email domain configurations.
2. The affected recipients can whitelist the default CRM IP address, 167.89.35.200. This will bypass the spam filter and ensure deliverability.
3. (costly, and time consuming) You could change email clients to Gmail or Outlook. This would enable you to use your own email client and your own network reputation.

UPDATE: We are in the process of expanding support for connected inboxes so that everyone should be able to do it, no matter your email client.

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

@paxton thanks for the information. It would be ideal if we could use the Hubspot front end CRM to send emails however link it to our personal accounts via plugging our email credentials/email servier infromation like your mentioned (No matter what email service we use)

This way we get all of the benefits hubspot's front end provides and can still send emails directly from hubsport however the originating IP of those emails is our email provider (and not hubspots)

0 Upvotes
HubSpot Product Team

Just to clarify, if you use Gmail or Outlook then it is currently possible. You just need to connect your inbox.

For other email clients, connecting an inbox is not currently possible. As it stands, you need to use the default HubSpot IP for sending through the CRM. This is something that our development team is working on and there should be an all encompassing solution soon.

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Unfortunately we don't use Outlook or Gmail for our company email.

I am very interested in the solution the team is working on for that all encompassing solution. Any timeframe on this?

0 Upvotes
HubSpot Product Team

No timeframe yet. Just "soon".

Sorry for the ambiguity.

0 Upvotes
HubSpot Product Team

sooner Smiley Wink

0 Upvotes
Visitor

I'm a new Hubspot Sales user and last week I tried sending some e-mails too see how the platform works. By then, all my e-mails were bouncing. But today, while trying it again, all my e-mails were sent and I could track them. It seems that the problem with the IP is solved!

0 Upvotes