Wussten Sie, dass wir eine deutschsprachige Community haben?

Emails attaching to contact, not associated deal

Berater

Issue:

Emails sent out from Gmail are being recorded on a Contact's page and not necessarily the Deal that the Contact is associated with.  

NOTE: This issue only occurs on a few contacts/deals, but I've been unable to determine the root cause/reason why this issue is occurring.

Expected Functionality

1. Email is sent to a Contact
  2. Hubspot tracks email and recognizes known email address
  3. Email is pulled into both the Contact page as well as the Deal page (if the Contact is associated with a Deal)

Question(s):

1. Is there any known solution to this issue?
  2. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Antworten
0 Like / Likes
5 ANTWORTEN 5
Community Thought Leader | Diamond Partner

Hi @jonplaca

According to: How do I associate an activity with a specific contact, company, or deal record? any activity will automatically be associated with the 5 most recent open deals for the contact. 

I've just done some quick testing and this does appear to be the case - the rule looks to exclude closed deals though. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies
Antworten
0 Like / Likes
Berater

@Phil_Vallender

Noted, however the current emails sent out to the Contact are not being pulled into the Deal that the Contact is associated with. Please note that the Contact only has one Deal (and never has been associated with any previous deals). Furthermore, this is one of our most recent Deals within the CRM

Thoughts?

Antworten
0 Like / Likes
Community Thought Leader | Diamond Partner

Hi @jonplaca

I feel as though I have seen the behaviour you are describing but at the moment everything seems to be working as it should. 

Have you checked to see if the behaviour is the same across emails sent via gmail and one sent from within the CRM? 

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies
Antworten
0 Like / Likes
Berater

@Phil_Vallender,

We haven't tested sending emails directly from the CRM for the Contacts that are having these issues (and it's hard to test because we do not want to send a test email to a potential client). 

Given that the CRM is pulling in the email to the Contact page (and not the Deal page), my immediate suspicion is that the CRM is having an issue linking the Contact's conversation to the Deal (and not, as you've alluded to, a gmail integration issue). 

One thing that I have noticed is that a lot of the offenders have their email duplicated in the Contact's "Name" formfield  (perhaps this is a coincidence) 

Antworten
0 Like / Likes
Highlighted
Sachkundiger

@Phil_Vallender

We've noticed that sometimes an email is associated to the wrong deal. When we remove the wrong deal in the association field there is no option to add it to the correct deal. At least not that we can find. 

How can we manually associate emails to the correct deal when it is not correct?

Thanks!