CRM

Simoneponti89
Participant | Partenaire solutions Elite

Email view permissions in CRM

Hello,

One of our clients is considering moving to Marketing Enterprise in order to manage 3 different companies of the group on the same platform. Around 50% of the contacts in the CRM belong to 2 of the companies so there are different sales people from both companies dealing with the same conact person.

I created a second "contact owner" property and I gave the permissions to 2 different salesmen.

My goal is that none can see each other's email to that contact in the activity board.

Is it possible?

Regards

Simone

0 Votes
5 Réponses
PeterGroft
Membre

View current permissions

Go to Admin > Security and select the Users tab to view the list of active users and their role assignments. You can sort the list of users by any column or use the search box to find a particular user.

Greetings,

Peter

0 Votes
Simoneponti89

Hi Peter,

I can't find the list in Admin -> Security.

There isn't a User tab.

Can you explain it better?

Thank you

Regards

Simone

0 Votes
deepikaverma
Guide | Partenaire solutions
Guide | Partenaire solutions

Hi @Simoneponti89 

Do you want to achieve that one Company owner can't see the timeline activities of another company owner on company timeline activities?
If So, you can achieve this by limiting the permission to "owned only" company.
Go to setting> User and Teams> Scroll down> company> Owned only.

I hope it helps!
Thank you

danmoyle
Membre irremplaçable | Partenaire solutions Elite
Membre irremplaçable | Partenaire solutions Elite

@Simoneponti89 You can have sales roles where users can only see owned contact records, yes. However, the activity within the records is open to those who see the contact records. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
LeeBartelme
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

I believe currently, if a user can view a record in the system, they can see all record's activity. You can use teams and team hierarchies within HubSpot to limit record access to a particular team.

If this isn't a security issue, but more of a quality of life/convience issue, the activity timeline on a record can be filtered by team. So when viewing a record, if they just want to see the acitvity of a specific team, they can use the team dropdown filter and just view activity from that team. But if this is actually a security issue and you don't want them to be able to see the communications, I don't think I have a solution.