CRM

AichaB
Participant

Email template: Token association labels

SOLVE

Hello,

I need to personalize tokens of associations labels but it's not possible now. This feature would be really helpfull.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MoustafaPush
Solution
Participant | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Yeah associtation labels is a relatively new feature and I think there's a lot they can do to add more to it. 

With that said, you can kinda do what you're saying with workflows. It's a bit of a hack and probably not all that pragmatic but you can make a custom property on the contact (or whatever you are trying to associate into) and you then want to get the association label into this field.

The thing is you can't use IF/THEN with association labels either so we need to get more creative 🙂 

What we can do is then put a series of "set property value" workflow actions and set them based on association label and set the field to the value of the label (see below) 

MoustafaPush_0-1673924376817.png

Even though this isn't a true if/then only one of them can really execute on a given object because you only have one association label so the rest won't execute (more accurately, they will attempt to execute and do nothing) so it essentially acts as an if then

At that point you have the association label in a field so you can use it for personalization-- this only works with one association label per item which is what makes sense anyways if they were to be in a token  (you can organize the ones above in a certain order if you want one to take precedence, that should work though I didn't test it)

The only thing left is you need a way to trigger this workflow. I believe doing something like "number of associatied contacts" is "known" should work but I would need to test that to know for sure. 

Again this isn't really pragmatic if you have a large number of association labels (although you really shouldn't  most of the time) but it can work if you have a handful. For the record: I haven't end to end tested this it's fully acadmeic and relying on a lot of quirks in the tool to work but it should work.

Hopefully this helps!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
MoustafaPush
Solution

SOLVE

Yeah associtation labels is a relatively new feature and I think there's a lot they can do to add more to it. 

With that said, you can kinda do what you're saying with workflows. It's a bit of a hack and probably not all that pragmatic but you can make a custom property on the contact (or whatever you are trying to associate into) and you then want to get the association label into this field.

The thing is you can't use IF/THEN with association labels either so we need to get more creative 🙂 

What we can do is then put a series of "set property value" workflow actions and set them based on association label and set the field to the value of the label (see below) 

MoustafaPush_0-1673924376817.png

Even though this isn't a true if/then only one of them can really execute on a given object because you only have one association label so the rest won't execute (more accurately, they will attempt to execute and do nothing) so it essentially acts as an if then

At that point you have the association label in a field so you can use it for personalization-- this only works with one association label per item which is what makes sense anyways if they were to be in a token  (you can organize the ones above in a certain order if you want one to take precedence, that should work though I didn't test it)

The only thing left is you need a way to trigger this workflow. I believe doing something like "number of associatied contacts" is "known" should work but I would need to test that to know for sure. 

Again this isn't really pragmatic if you have a large number of association labels (although you really shouldn't  most of the time) but it can work if you have a handful. For the record: I haven't end to end tested this it's fully acadmeic and relying on a lot of quirks in the tool to work but it should work.

Hopefully this helps!

AichaB
Participant

SOLVE
Hi Moustafa!

Thank you for your answer.

I'll try your solution and let you know if something doesn't work.

Thank you so much for your help 🙏