Email replies are not being logged in

New Contributor

Hey guys,

I've been patient enough in the correspondence with the support team and when I came to the community I've realized that my problem is not some kind of a glitch but a serious problem within the softwear itself.

The main reason why I transfered all of my business to Hubspot CRM is because I wanted it to be more organized. Little did I know that there will be some serious oversights.

I've been trying to communicate my problem with the support team and they are insuring me everything is fine from their end. Well, now I can see that many of you have the same problem and it's a very serious problem. 

It is also very interesting how accurate they are when offering me a paid version but when it comes to solving problems, they send me to find the answers on my own. How unprofessional.

I will give another chance here to get an answer on why the email responses are not logging to CRM and after that, I'm exporting all my contacts and moving to another CRM.

I hope this message helps new users to save their time. I've lost too much...

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Community Manager

Hi @Skippin-Pebble,

I would like to begin by apologizing for your frustrating experience with finding an answer. I understand that troubleshooting technical issues can be time consuming, and if you are not given proper support it can seem as though you are working on your own, without any help. Please know that our goal at HubSpot is always to ensure that we are supporting and helping all of our users. 

I hope that we can start again and get to the bottom of this matter together. This will require sharing specific examples and screenshots but with this information we can resolve this matter together.

To begin, can you please share the following information: 

1. Where are you sending emails from? Within HubSpot or within your email inbox?

2. Are no email responses logging, or only certain responses?

3. Has this feature ever worked? Has an email response ever logged? 

4. Can you please provide (through direct message) example email responses that should have logged on the contact's timeline that did not? 

I did want to share this article which walks through all of the requirements for email replies to log in HubSpot. If you have not already confirmed your set up meets the criteria, can you please spend a few moments reviewing the requirements, and confirm that your set up meets these requirements?

Thank you again for your help and cooperation,

Jenny

We are excited to announce that the Community will be launching a weekly newsletter on November 2, 2020!
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Dear Jenny,

Let me first thank you for your reply.

I', sorry for my late reply but this is the busiest time of the year for my company and I had to attend my clients.

I understand that every system has it's bugs, and I understand that HubSpot offers technical support if you are a paying customer. 

What I don't understand is that HubSpot has serious bugs in the most important field and that is loading the correspondence inside the platform. When marketed, HubSpot made clear that they were the most user friendly platform and the system works perfectly. That was the main reason I've moved my business to HubSpot. Today, I'm frustrated of loosing hours and hours of explaining to the HubSpot support team what is wrong with their system. I'm further frustrated that, when it comes to me upgrading to the paid version, the agents are very eager to help me.

Im having difficulties with two problems.

1. Some of my clients replies are not being loaded to Hubspot.

2. When so, I forward them from my email client to my Hubspot account. Then I go to reply from the Hubspot account and in these cases my clients don't receive my response.

Can you imagine how frustrating that is? Can you imagine how unprofessional do I sound when I have to explaining to my clients why didn't they receive my response?

The collaboration with clients and loading emails is the main feature of the CRM platform and there is no excuse for not funkcioning properly. I bet this doesn't happen to your compettition.

Let me answer your questions:

1.    Where are you sending emails from? Within HubSpot or within your email inbox?

I send all my emails from the Hubspot. When the reply is not loaded to hubspot, I bcc forward the mail to Hubspot. Then, the mail is loaded but when I reply from Hubspot, my clients don't receive my reply.

2. Are no email responses logging, or only certain responses?

Only certain responses. I'm aware that the person can reply from another adress (the person has an automatic forward turned on and all the emails are logging to the persons private email inbox) in which case I should forward the reply to Hubspot using the extension. The problem is when I do, and I reply back from Hubspot, my clients don't receive that reply.

3. Has this feature ever worked? Has an email response ever logged?

Yes, some of the replies are logged.

4. Can you please provide (through direct message) example email responses that should have logged on the contact's timeline that did not? 

Yes of course.

The article you've send me does not help. I've connected my Hubspot account with my email provider via IMAP.

I really appreciate your help and would like to keep my business at Hubspot but if this problem continues, I have no other option but to move to another CRM platform.

I hope you understand.

Best regards,

Igor

0 Upvotes