Email notification | View Mention redirects to a different page

New Contributor

When clicking the "view mention" I'm redirected to the Company profile instead of the deal where I put in the notification. 

I would think it would be logical to redirect to the spot (Deal, contact, company) where added the note and mentioned a teammember...

Thanks in advance!

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Community Manager

Hi @ChrisCh,

I am unable to reproduce this on my end. Can you send along a video of your experience? 

Additionally, a few questions: 

1. Does this happen for other users? 

2. Does this happen for all deals? 

3. Is this happening for other record types as well, or just companies/deals? 

The more information, screenshots and details you can provide, the better the Community can assist!

Thanks,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hi Jenny,

Thanks for the reply;

1. Yes, it happened with a notification I left for a collegue. 

2. It seems that this only happens when a company is linked to a deal.

3. Up till now this was the only case.

As I said I wrote the notifiction for my collegue on the deal card. It's quite confusing when someone is redirected to another page; in this case the company profile.

ezgif.com-video-to-gif (1).gif

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @ChrisCh,

The email notification that you received references a company record, and the link is to a company record, so it seems to be working as expected. I am seeing the note referenced in the email notification present on the company record, as well.

If you have further questions regarding this matter, I would recommend connecting with HubSpot technical Support who can investigate this matter specific to your portal.

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

We have the same issue. On an @mention notification in Outlook, the "view mention" takes the user to the Company record and not the deal record. The company and deal are associated but, the note with the @mention was created on the deal page. 

You can see the note on both the deal record and company record; however, we want someone to take action on the deal record. If I disassociate the company record from the deal when creating the note with the @mention, the problem is fixed. But that's a hassle to uncheck everytime. Like @ChrisCh said you want to drive the "view mention" to the record where the note was created. In the email notification, you can click on the deal or the company and that takes you to the correct record. It's only for someone that clicks on the view mention that they are taken directly to the company page; then, they have to navigate from there to the deal record to take action requested from the note that mentioned them.

I've tested this by creating a note on a deal that has an associated company record - view mention goes straight to company record. 

0 Upvotes