CRM

Invorio
Colaborador

Email not being logged after email change

resolver

I am using gmail linked to Hubspot CRM. Generally all emails are being logged and this is working fine (it is the reason I chose this CRM vs others).

One contact however is a problem. Contact created automatically when I sent him an email to his personal address. He then gave me his business email. I altered the primary email field in the contact, making his persoanl email the secondary. 

Now however, no emails sent to his work address are being logged. I have re-copied and pasted the email but no change.

Is this a known bug?

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
jennysowyrda
Solución
Administrador de la comunidad

resolver

Hey @Invorio

If the emails are showing on the contact's timeline as being sent, but the 'open' and 'click' information isn't populating, it may be that the contact does not have images enabled in their inbox, which would prevent the email from being tracked. For more information on this, I would recommend checking out this article which defines how the tracking works.

If the emails are not logging on the timeline at all and you are sending them through a connected inbox (with log in CRM checked off) or the CRM, please let me know so I can advise on next steps to resolve the matter.

Thanks,

Jenny

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

0 Me gusta
3 Respuestas 3
jennysowyrda
Solución

resolver

Hey @Invorio

If the emails are showing on the contact's timeline as being sent, but the 'open' and 'click' information isn't populating, it may be that the contact does not have images enabled in their inbox, which would prevent the email from being tracked. For more information on this, I would recommend checking out this article which defines how the tracking works.

If the emails are not logging on the timeline at all and you are sending them through a connected inbox (with log in CRM checked off) or the CRM, please let me know so I can advise on next steps to resolve the matter.

Thanks,

Jenny

0 Me gusta
Invorio
Colaborador

resolver

Hi Jenny,

many thanks for this comprehensive reply. I've just checked again and.... everything is working fine. Sod's law: I am quite sure his problem existed for several days before. Never mind, all seems OK now.

BTW, are there limitations on this email tracking functionaility when sent to recipients in China?

0 Me gusta
jennysowyrda

resolver

Hi @Invorio

Glad to hear everything is working! There should not be any limitations with the tracking functionality when sending emails to China. 

0 Me gusta