CRM

ad26
Participante

Email link clicked but email not opened

resolver

we've noticed in one of our most recent emails that: 

the email itself was never opened but a link inside of the email was "clicked".
How is this possible? Was the email really never opened? 

thanks for your help.

2 Solução aceitas
willsmith
Solução
Conselheiro(a) de destaque | Parceiro Diamante

resolver

Hi @ad26 

The way that HubSpot tracking works is, a one-pixel invisible image is placed on each email when it goes out. 

If the recipient's email is set up not to automatically load images, they could still see the majority of the email in their preview pane and the corresponding link. The link could also be clicked from this pane, without the pictures downloading - hence, the click without the open. 

A  few resources from HubSpot about email tracking:

How HubSpot email open tracking works.  

Why am I getting multiple notifications for the same tracked email? 

I hope this helps. If it does, please mark it as a solution. 

Exibir solução no post original

BB1
Solução
Top colaborador(a)

resolver

Hi @ad26 - good answer @willsmith  - I would add that, unless changed recently, Hubspot runs a workflow that if someone did click a link, the email will show as opened. It takes a bit of time to update. So in all likelyhood, you would only see very recent contacts as having clicked but not opened. You can make a list of people who clicked but did not open and see that happening - contacts coming into the list and then leaving as they get updated by Hubspot.

Exibir solução no post original

4 Respostas 4
ad26
Participante

resolver

this was very helpful info. thanks so much because we were wondering how this was even possible. but I guess as you said they were able to click the link from the preview without actually opening the email.

0 Avaliação positiva
BB1
Top colaborador(a)

resolver

Actually, they are opening the email but not showing pictures, so HS does not know they opened the picture (they don't download the HS tracking pixel). They click on a link - that HS can track, and then HS is saying - if they clicked, they opened, so we will mark opened.

0 Avaliação positiva
willsmith
Solução

resolver

Hi @ad26 

The way that HubSpot tracking works is, a one-pixel invisible image is placed on each email when it goes out. 

If the recipient's email is set up not to automatically load images, they could still see the majority of the email in their preview pane and the corresponding link. The link could also be clicked from this pane, without the pictures downloading - hence, the click without the open. 

A  few resources from HubSpot about email tracking:

How HubSpot email open tracking works.  

Why am I getting multiple notifications for the same tracked email? 

I hope this helps. If it does, please mark it as a solution. 

BB1
Solução
Top colaborador(a)

resolver

Hi @ad26 - good answer @willsmith  - I would add that, unless changed recently, Hubspot runs a workflow that if someone did click a link, the email will show as opened. It takes a bit of time to update. So in all likelyhood, you would only see very recent contacts as having clicked but not opened. You can make a list of people who clicked but did not open and see that happening - contacts coming into the list and then leaving as they get updated by Hubspot.