Hola! ¡Tenemos nuestra Comunidad en Español!

Email content missing when using bcc and forward

New Contributor

When I send an email from my desktop I bcc my account to capture the communication. (Or forward emails sent to me for tracking). When I go to into the HubSpot record, the email body doesn't show. The email is tracked but there's no content - just the header info (subject line and cc). Somehow my default email signature gets picked up if included in the email but that's all.

Over the past few weeks I've noticied this happen sporadically but it is getting worse - almost every email now.

Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 10.33.37 AM.pngThis was a message I forwarded (without my default signature) - there is no content at all - forwarded message stripped out.

Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 10.32.28 AM.pngThis one captured the original email and my default signature but not my response / the body of the email.

0 Upvotes
9 Replies
Community Manager

Hey @Mosaic are you still experiencing this issue? How are you adding content to the email?

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Yep. Still sporadic but still happening as of yesterday. I use apple mail so I'm just typing into the body of the email. 

Today my bcc emails don't seem to be getting captured at all. (unless things are just really slow today)

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Could you please send me a private message with screenshots?

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Just sent. Let me know if that works/helps.

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hi,

I am having the exact same issue. Any idea what is causing this?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

I sent some additional detail and screenshots to support but then didn't hear back. It hasn't been happenning as frequently last few weeks but I also haven't used it much the past few weeks as attention was elsewhere.

0 Upvotes
Top Contributor

Hi @Mosaic and @agreat

I belive the issue may be to do with Apple Mail as this is no longer supported by HubSpot which may explain why you can't see the email content. Can I use HubSpot Sales With Apple Mail?

However we do have a solution that can help and will ensure that the full content of your email shows up in your HubSpot account. We are also HubSpot and Apple Mail users so we had the same problem!

If you want to see how this works and looks please check out our short video here. It not only works for any historic emails in your Apple Mail client but also for any ongoing or future emails. 

I hope this helps!

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I am having the same issue but with outlook 2010. It is quite frustrating. Was there a fix for this??

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Honestly, I haven't been that active in the past few month - based on my project lifecycles. I'm about to ramp up again so we shall see... But with the little bit I have been doing, I haven't seen it happen. I changed email clients so that may be part of it, but if you're now seeing it with Outlook then perhaps it's a broader issue.

0 Upvotes