Email Tracking enabled, yet email opens/clicks not showing

Highlighted
New Contributor

Since October 18th I have noticed in my activity log that emails are showing as sent with no opens or clicks. I have tested emails by sending to colleagues and to the hello@getsidekick.com test email with tracking enabled and all are showing as unopened still, when I know they have been opened and clicked by the receipients. Did something happen on the backend of Hubspot on 10/18/17 to change free features or have I done something to disable this tracking information?

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Community Manager

Hi @tsmart346

There were no updates pushed through that should have changed this functionality from HubSpot's end of things. 

Are you sending from your connected inbox (and if so, which client are you sending through-Gmail, Outlook, etc.) or from within the CRM? If you are sending from within your inbox, I would recommend ensuring that the extension you use (if you are using Gmail or Outlook) is up to date and that your emails are not being sent in plain text format. Additionally, you will want to make sure the 'track' and 'log' options are checked off when you are sending the emails. 

Thank you, 

Jenny 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

I am getting false reporting also when emailing from within hubspot In activity,it is saying I have a bunch of unopened emails, but also saying some of those unopened recipients are actually clicking in the embedded links, but not opening the emails. Anyone shine a light on this?

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @wallymcgoo

Sometimes anti-virus softwares will scan emails and "click" all of the links before sending the email into an inbox, this could account for the "clicks" being recognized, but there being no opens recognized. 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes