CRM

noahb

Email Subscribe Checkbox

SOLVE

Hello, 

I'm not sure if I'm in the right forum or not. If not, please let me know where I should post this. 

I'm looking for a way to get a checkbox on a form to trigger enrollment in a list upon submission.  Example: A contact fills out a form to submit a donation. At the bottom of the form, there's a checkbox to opt-in to another email list. When the form is submitted, the contact will automatically be added to the list that receives the emails the contact opted to receive. 

Is this possible? I couldn't figure out how to do it with a workflow. There's only an option to trigger enrollment based on an entire form's submission. 

Many thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

Email Subscribe Checkbox

SOLVE

It's important to know if your or your web visitors are in the EU.

If not, you'll want to ...
-1- build a custom Contact property (e.g., 'Send Widget Info' | type = checkbox)
-2- add the custom Contact property to your form -- e.g., Send me widgets Info [ ]
-3- build a HubSpot Smart List where 'Send Widget Info' is known
-4- trigger your HubSpot Workflow based on List Membership (from step #3)

Hope that helps.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
erikblues
Top Contributor

Email Subscribe Checkbox

SOLVE

This is possible by using workflows and a custom field.

1. First, create the custom field for the checkbox you wanted.
  2. Then go to Automation -> Workflows
  3. Create a new workflow that will enroll the user into a subscription type based on a custom field you created.

It would look something like this:

Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 00.32.49.png

erikblues
Top Contributor

Email Subscribe Checkbox

SOLVE

And yes, like @MFrankJohnson said above, you should be careful with this in the EU, since the new GDPR guidelines are a bit more strict as to who you are allowed to sign up for a subscription or not and require double opt-in for blog subscriptions.

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

Email Subscribe Checkbox

SOLVE

It's important to know if your or your web visitors are in the EU.

If not, you'll want to ...
-1- build a custom Contact property (e.g., 'Send Widget Info' | type = checkbox)
-2- add the custom Contact property to your form -- e.g., Send me widgets Info [ ]
-3- build a HubSpot Smart List where 'Send Widget Info' is known
-4- trigger your HubSpot Workflow based on List Membership (from step #3)

Hope that helps.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com