CRM

OZakrzewski

Email Logging Problems

SOLVE

Hi,

I'm a new Hubspot user and I am experiencing problems with manual email logging. It seems that I cannot log emails from personal accounts, even when I connect them to Hubspot. 

The email that I use as the login for my account works, but all of my users cannot forward content from other email accounts. When I was testing this one week ago it all worked, so I'm wondering what went wrong.

Are any of you also experiencing this issue? How can we log emails from different email accounts into Hubspot? 

Thanks for your answer.

Sincerely,

Oskar

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Email Logging Problems

SOLVE

Hi @OZakrzewski,

For the forwarding email address to work, the following requirements need to be met: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/log-email-in-your-crm-with-the-bcc-or-forwarding-address#requ...

Can you check and confirm that you're meeting all requirements? Especially that the email address you're using to send the forwarded email must be one of the following:

This is probably the issue.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Email Logging Problems

SOLVE

Hi @OZakrzewski,

Could you please share how exactly you're currently sending emails (from inside the CRM, using your email client with the HubSpot Sales extensions, using the BCC address)?

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
OZakrzewski

Email Logging Problems

SOLVE

Hi Karsten,

I'm using the forwarding adress from my email client (google & outlook). So I'm forwarding emails that I have received in the past on different emails from my main hubspot email, if that makes sense.

thanks for your quick responce.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Email Logging Problems

SOLVE

Hi @OZakrzewski,

For the forwarding email address to work, the following requirements need to be met: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/log-email-in-your-crm-with-the-bcc-or-forwarding-address#requ...

Can you check and confirm that you're meeting all requirements? Especially that the email address you're using to send the forwarded email must be one of the following:

This is probably the issue.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

OZakrzewski

Email Logging Problems

SOLVE

Hi Karsten,

thanks for your answer. This might be the issue. We did connect the email account after finding out it did not work unconnected (like the article states) but it still wouldn't work. 

Sometimes it takes time to connect, so we will wait 24h and then try again. I feel like this might be the issue indeed. Thanks for your reply.

sincerely,

Oskar