Hola! ¡Tenemos nuestra Comunidad en Español!

Email Inbox in HubSpot

Jax
Occasional Contributor

Is there anywhere in HubSpot that I can see a list of all incoming emails? An email inbox? If not, what is the recomended process for handling incoming email? Is ther a way to handle this in HubSpot or a recomended email app?

Thanks,

Jax

7 Replies
Community Thought Leader | Diamond Partner

Hi @Jax

HubSpot Sales is reliant on the inbox of the user for its email services. Some incoming emails, those that meet conditions, are logged in the timeline of individual contacts but not others. And logged incoming emails are not aggregated anywhere in the app. So the recommended place to manage incoming email is in your normal email app, i.e. gmail or outlook. 

Hope this helps.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

Phil Vallender

Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies
Diamond HubSpot Partner

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Hi @Phil_Vallender ,

Is there a reason why HubSpot leaves managing incoming email to others' inboxes? I ask because it seems like being able to log into HubSpot for this would be ideal rather than jocking back and forth.

Thanks!

David

0 Upvotes
Jax
Occasional Contributor

I agree. I'm finding it very difficult... OK, maybe not entirely difficult but way more time consuming than it needs to be. I hope I'm missing something. Does every user really have to get their email in another email client... Then go into Hubspot and find the contact... Create a task for something you need to get back to the sender with... Since you can't link a task to a email, when the task is complete, I have to search for the email so I can send a reply. That is really inefficient. 

I hope there is another way. I really miss IQTELL.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Advisor

This would be awesome! A lot of the tools I'd like our sales team to use would be much more accessable if they had an inbox in HubSpot of all the emails they received from contacts in the system. 

New Contributor

I agree that there should be an Inbox integrated with Hubspot. I'm new in the app (I've been using Close IO for years). I came to Hubspot because it grants me a lot of automated wokrkflows which are great, but because of the lack of this feature, I end up finding CLose IO to be faster and easier to use (and therefore, efficient). 

Been able to have an Inbox integrated in the app will be great to avoid going back and forth between the Gmail app and the CRM.

0 Upvotes
Jax
Occasional Contributor

I landed on Daylite by MarketCircle and love it. It has everything integrated.

Jax

0 Upvotes
Esteemed Contributor
An integrated inbox in HubSpot would make life much easier since it would allow all our crm users to benefit from the additional information as provided eg by the Outlook / Gmail extension.

At the moment only our SalesHub Professional users get that extra after se had to migrate them from IBM Notes (our corporate standard) to Office 365.
The latter may be a complete no go for many (usually larger IBM customers).

Also, having CRM users send and receive their emails in HubSpot Inbox will have a positive effect on crm adoption rates.

Not to mention how cool it will be once it’s available in the HubSpot mobile app;-)