CRM

gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

Eliminating email threads from Outlook 365

SOLVE

Hi,

Just noticed threads are being logged into the CRM rather than individual emails. How can I prevent this from happening as it complicates searches?  I am using Office 365 Outlook.

Thanks in advance.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
ThreadsHelp2018
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

@gelflex-cc as far as I'm aware (and happy to defer to others better knowledge) the only way to solve the problem without the use of a third party integration is to individually forward each email into HubSpot so that it appears chronologically as separate items in your timeline. This works for some users and is fine if you aren't exchanging large volumes of email with your HubSpot contacts and/or if you are only intereted in syncing emails from your HubSpot users. I'm also not sure (again defer to others) whether the date on which the email is logged is the date on which the email was actually sent/received or the date on which it was 'pushed' to HubSpot.

The solution we offer was not specifically built as a HubSpot integration. Thread is a digital message hub designed to enable company's to aggregate their business messaging in one page and then sort, search and filter it. It just so happens that one of our early users was also a HubSpot customer and had some issues historic and new logging emails - similar to the problem you descrive - and so we worked on building an integration. 

Hope this helps clarify but happy to discuss further outside the forum if helpful. 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
8 Replies 8
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @gelflex-cc,

This question is discussed here. As @Anonymous outlined, you'll need to start a new email thread if you do not want it logged.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@jennysowyrda

Not the same issue. I want the emails logged. They are logging as threads rather than individual emails so I don't have the date history easily in the activity feed.

I do not have a sample right now. WIll try to screenshot when it comes up again.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @gelflex-cc,

The only way to log the emails seperately by creating a new email for each piece of communication. 

@ThreadsHelp2018 does work for an exertal company. All partners who contribute will be denoted with icons and rankings denoting them as HubSpot certified partners.

Additionally, all HubSpotters in this forum will have a sprocket next to their name.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
ThreadsHelp2018
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @gelflex-cc

Our integration might be able to help with this. It auto logs individual emails rather than by thread. This should eliminate the problem. Let me know if I can help further. 

0 Upvotes
gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@ThreadsHelp2018 Are you a separate company from HubSpot? If so, are you a partner company? 

@jennysowyrda, please verify

Thank you.

Chris

0 Upvotes
ThreadsHelp2018
Top Contributor

SOLVE
Yes we are a separate company. We have built an integration between our product, Threads, and Hubspot.

We hope to be listed as an integration partner next month.

Best

Francesca
0 Upvotes
gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@ThreadsHelp2018 are you saying there is no HubSpot solution and this is why your company exists? Or are you presenting this as an alternate solution?

@ThreadsHelp2018 I am interested in your pricing, however, I really want a HubSpot/Microsoft solution. 

Thanks.

Chris

0 Upvotes
ThreadsHelp2018
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

@gelflex-cc as far as I'm aware (and happy to defer to others better knowledge) the only way to solve the problem without the use of a third party integration is to individually forward each email into HubSpot so that it appears chronologically as separate items in your timeline. This works for some users and is fine if you aren't exchanging large volumes of email with your HubSpot contacts and/or if you are only intereted in syncing emails from your HubSpot users. I'm also not sure (again defer to others) whether the date on which the email is logged is the date on which the email was actually sent/received or the date on which it was 'pushed' to HubSpot.

The solution we offer was not specifically built as a HubSpot integration. Thread is a digital message hub designed to enable company's to aggregate their business messaging in one page and then sort, search and filter it. It just so happens that one of our early users was also a HubSpot customer and had some issues historic and new logging emails - similar to the problem you descrive - and so we worked on building an integration. 

Hope this helps clarify but happy to discuss further outside the forum if helpful. 

0 Upvotes