CRM

Knut

Editing default HubSpot property

SOLVE

Hi,

Is it possible to edit the HubSpot default properties? For example Country, I would like to change the field type in Company from single-line text to drop-down select.

1 Accepted solution
shearn
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Unfortunately, you are not able to change the Company field as it's tied in with HubSpot's own database and software. It's how HubSpot is able to sync contacts with companies - by their email extension.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
bethsaunders
Participant

SOLVE

I would also like similar functionality with my HubSpot portal! There are a number of HubSpot created fields that my company isn't using or we had to create for better data consistency (like the Country field change the original poster mentioned). 

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Knut

Company cannot be changed, but Country can. 

For instructions how to change country to a dropdown, refer to this thread: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Conversion-Tools/Adding-drop-down-to-the-country-field/td-p/33854

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
0 Upvotes
shearn
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Unfortunately, you are not able to change the Company field as it's tied in with HubSpot's own database and software. It's how HubSpot is able to sync contacts with companies - by their email extension.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.
0 Upvotes