CRM

Yo_Be_Low
Participant

Editing Multiple Checkbox Properties used in Forms

We sell trips to different places all over the world. We've created a property called Interested in Trips 2022 that's a multi-checkbox contact property that contains all our 2022 Trips and is intended to be used to indicate which trips a prospective customer is interested in. We use this property in an Inquire Now Form we have at the bottom of every trip's description on our website. We offer 40-50 trips per year, so it would be unwieldy in the Inquire Now form to present a checkbox array with 40-50 options on it. Instead, we hide all the possible choices except for the trip that the form appears on (along with Other Trips). The hassle is that we need to create 40-50 similar forms, one for each trip, that has all the other trip choices hidden.

That's bad enough, but not the real problem. The real problem is when we add a trip to the 2022 roster. Adding another field to the Property is simple enough, but when we do, it's automatically added to every form that uses this property. So we need to go and edit 40-50 forms that had all but one property hidden, and hide this new property (in addition to having to create a new form for the new trip that has all the other trips hidden).

Is there a more intelligent way to go about this? I know in the Properties, there's an option to hide a field on forms, but that's not a solution because I don't want the new field to be always hidden. 

Any ideas?

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Hi @Yo_Be_Low ,

If you will add a new field to a proeprty, yes ofcourse that will show up in all the forms that uses that property. And unfortutanely I don't any other way around to it except that you have to create different property everytime.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards. 

Mike_Eastwood
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

Hi @Yo_Be_Low 

Yes, we created a HubSpot App (CRM Extension) that creates a pop-up so you can select categorym then sub-category (and close the ticket).

If you send me you calendar link I can show you a demo over Zoom?

-Mike

Mike_Eastwood

Hi @Yo_Be_Low 

One of our customers (We're a HubSpot Partner) had hundreds of options for the reason they closed a Ticket.

So, we created a pop up that let them select a Category, then a Sub Category. The Category and Sub Category were then saved into their respective HubSpot Properties and comined to a single property for reporting.

So, I'm wondering if a Region (Africa, Asia, etc.) then a sub category by Country would work?

Curiously

Mike

Yo_Be_Low
Participant

When you say, "... we created a pop up that let them select a Category, then a Sub Category" - is that something you did with programming or a feature of Hubspot? To my knowledge, Hubspot doesn't support dependent sub-categories.

0 Upvotes