CRM

AshS
Participante

Edit Contact Owner Internal Value

resolver

Hi there,

I'm using Zapier to integrate HubSpot with an SMS service (Esendex), to follow up with our leads.

When I map the Contact Owner property to the integration, the Internal Value ID is brought in instead of the Contact Owner's name (Label).

Is there a way I can either edit the ID to their name OR bring their name into the integration instead of the ID? 

Thanks!

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
MFrankJohnson
Solução
Autoridade no assunto

resolver

>>"Is there a way I can either edit the ID to their name OR bring their name into the integration instead of the ID?"

The pre-defined HubSpot Contact Owner internal values are tied to the actual registered HubSpot User account and cannot be edited.

Bringing the Contact Owner name into your integration via a Zap is a question for Zappier Support. However, an alternative to that may be to ...

-1- add a custom property in HubSpot - i.e., single line text (important)
-2- use a workflow to update that property to match the Contact Owner
-3- map that custom property via your Zap

While this is a bit of work and possibly not scalable (untested), it will give you what you're looking for in Esendex.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

Exibir solução no post original

0 Avaliação positiva
9 Respostas 9
MFrankJohnson
Solução
Autoridade no assunto

resolver

>>"Is there a way I can either edit the ID to their name OR bring their name into the integration instead of the ID?"

The pre-defined HubSpot Contact Owner internal values are tied to the actual registered HubSpot User account and cannot be edited.

Bringing the Contact Owner name into your integration via a Zap is a question for Zappier Support. However, an alternative to that may be to ...

-1- add a custom property in HubSpot - i.e., single line text (important)
-2- use a workflow to update that property to match the Contact Owner
-3- map that custom property via your Zap

While this is a bit of work and possibly not scalable (untested), it will give you what you're looking for in Esendex.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Avaliação positiva
SDay
Participante

resolver

Hi Frank, 

I tried your workflow and it works great, HOWEVER, the value it's copying to the new field for Zapier is still the internal value of the deal owner, and I don't see anywhere where I can specify to copy the display value isntead. Any ideas?

Thanks!

0 Avaliação positiva
MFrankJohnson
Autoridade no assunto

resolver

Currently, there is no functionality to copy the label name.

You'll want to use a separate workflow if/then branch to 'translate' your internal values to more human-readable values -- e.g., if property is equal to '123456', set property to 'Jane Doe'; if property is equal to '2345678', set property to 'John Doe'; etc.. Not very scalable, but still useful.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Avaliação positiva
SDay
Participante

resolver

Genius, thank you! That was my first if/then branch! Super cool!

erikapropst
Participante

resolver

So although the deal owner ID doesn't automatically display the username over integrations as it does in hubspot, and you still need a custom property and workflow to assign the values, that suggested workaround can be shortened from if ID = "ID#" then set name value as "Name" for each owner, you can simply copy ID name (the hubspot property "hubspot_owner_id") to custom name field (which I've labeled "Deal Owner Name") ala:

Screen Shot 2021-11-17 at 11.46.06 AM.png

and that saved me a little bit of time and also future maintenance if I allow re-enrollment to the workflow.

AshS
Participante

resolver

Hi Frank,

Thanks very much for your suggestion.

This was something I thought of, but was hoping to find a more effective solution.

Might just have to set it up this way initially until a better solution comes along.

Cheers,

Ash

0 Avaliação positiva
MFrankJohnson
Autoridade no assunto

resolver

Hey Ash, certainly worth reaching out the Zapier support regarding Contact Owner NAME. Otherwise, you have your workflow work cut out for you! 🙂

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Avaliação positiva
P1
Participante

resolver

At current the user label includes the reps name and full email address inside of a ()

this is silly for a label that cannot be customized - limits the columns in list view when viewing a contacts list = All Reps

Reps should be labeled with nicknames, usually initials, like PBR that's the way oracle does it 😉

please consider it.  Nickname for Reps, this is normal CRM logic.  Not having reps inside list view, as it is outlined here (cannot change owners labels) is not logical to user experience.

my $02.

0 Avaliação positiva
P1
Participante

resolver

what i am saying is list view with a label that is 30 characters long because of name and long email address - when 3 character initials and a Row = Rep, without having to go through workflow logic or custom fields - is anyone else having this idea?  List view column Rep with 3 digit nickname is a GAP?HubSpot UserHubSpot User

0 Avaliação positiva