CRM

AndyMcG

E-mails from HubSpot CRM all being rejected

SOLVE

Hi; all mails out via HubSpot CRM today are being rejected - all saying " Mail Delivery Failed: returning message to sender"

This is screenshot:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5e6kwr77bkwir72/Screenshot%202019-08-13%2015.00.20.png?dl=0

Never had this happen p[reviously in a couple of years of use.

Our connected Outlook 365 account is working fine.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
sharonlicari
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey @AndyMcG 

Thank you for the screenshot, it has been really helpful. 

I was checking the email address that has been rejected, and based on this external page there is a problem with the email. 

It seems to be related to the sending mail server is subjected to Greylisting. This requires the server retries the connection, between one minute and 12 hours. Alternatively, the sender's IP address has a poor reputation.

I would recommend to reach out your IT Team and do a whitelist the IP address HubSpot uses to connect your inbox. You can find more information here.

I hope this helps.

Thank you

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
sharonlicari
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey @AndyMcG 

Thank you for the screenshot, it has been really helpful. 

I was checking the email address that has been rejected, and based on this external page there is a problem with the email. 

It seems to be related to the sending mail server is subjected to Greylisting. This requires the server retries the connection, between one minute and 12 hours. Alternatively, the sender's IP address has a poor reputation.

I would recommend to reach out your IT Team and do a whitelist the IP address HubSpot uses to connect your inbox. You can find more information here.

I hope this helps.

Thank you

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
AndyMcG

SOLVE

Sharon

Thank you! Yes, I checked (or our IT side did) and it was a fault in the mail server, treating selected e-mail clients as all SPAM

All seems sorted - appreciate your support.

Thnaks

Andy