CRM

benjaminkroeni
Participant

E-Mail Account Deactivated - Can't (re-) add

Hello there! 

I have 1:1 the same problem as mentionned in this thread here:  https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Sales-Email/Email-address-has-been-disabled-and-not-allowing-me-to-...

I can't (re-) add my email address to HubSpot anymore. I have 2 email accounts connected with HubSpot. Everything worked fine over months but since today I can see that they are disabled. 

Error that I get when I try to add or re-add a email account to HubSpot: 

HubSpot konnte leider keine Verknüpfung mit Ihrem E-Mail-Konto herstellen.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: We know the refresh token is bad at this point, so we should not be getting another token for it. : We know the refresh token is bad at this point, so we should not be getting another token for it.

I tried different ways to re-add the accounts, also used differnt browsers and delected my cache. Karsten Köhler says it's probably a product issue, not a real issue with SMTP.  Form Microsoft 365's side everything is OK. 

Thanks a lot in advance! 

Best regards
Beni 

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
benjaminkroeni
Participant

I just found this very important information about authentication @kvlschaefer 

Please note: Microsoft is deprecating Basic Authentication for Exchange Online in October 2022 and requiring Modern Authentication. HubSpot's Exchange integration uses Basic Authentication but is designed for Exchange On-Premises instances, which are not affected by this change and will continue to function with Basic Authentication after October. If you are an Exchange Online user, you can connect to HubSpot's Outlook integration instead. It is compatible with cloud-hosted Exchange and uses OAuth, a form of Modern Authentication. You can reconnect your inbox using the Outlook integration at any time.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/clients-and-mobile-in-exchange-online/deprecation-of-basi...

LKottwitz
Participant

I have the Same Problem!! 
Is there anybody who can help?

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @benjaminkroeni,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and for including this in depth information! 

This error message typically indicates that Microsoft telling us the token is no longer valid. Usually this indicates an issue with SMTP as Karsten mentioned and working with your IT Team would be the recommended nexst step. 

I will investigate this on our end, and update this post when I have more information regarding this.

Thanks again for reporting this 🙂 

Best,

Kristen 

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
benjaminkroeni
Participant

Hey

Any updates?
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @benjaminkroeni and @LKottwitz,

Thank you for reaching out and apologies for any business impact this has caused.

The relevant team is currently investigating this right now. 

Can you please try to reconnect your inboxes and let us know how it goes?

Thank you,

Kristen

0 Upvotes
benjaminkroeni
Participant

Hey @kvlschaefer 

Thank you very much for the fast answer. I just re-added the accounts and it finally works. Re-adding doens't work, so it's important that the users will firstly delete and after add the email account again. Screenshot_1.pngScreenshot_25.png

FYI: @LKottwitz 

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @benjaminkroeni,

Thank you for sharing these steps with us!

I wanted to share the incident report from this issue. This error message was caused by invalid authentication tokens. 

Thank you again for flagging this issue and for including the detailed troubleshooting steps you took! 🙂

Best,

Kristen