CRM

AThompson1
Participant

Dynamic properties : Shipping

SOLVE

Is there a way to have properties appear dynamically in the Deal when certain properties are filled out?

example:

A single deal could have multiple quotes and multiple shipping locations.  I created a section in the Deals titled "Order Information".  If the shipping information is filled out, then I would like another (blank) option for additional shipping addresses.  (Shipping address and the address on the quote can vary).

I tried creating a workflow that started:

If the 'Ship-To street address' is known

and

'Ship-To City' is known

and

'Ship-To State' is known

Then I would like for the following properties to populate in the "Order Information" of the Deals"

'Ship-To street address- 2'

'Ship-To City-2'

'Ship-To State-2'

If this can happen in a workflow I would keep writing it so I could have a total of 10 shipping location options appear if needed.  It would help avoid having multiple fields that won't always be used by all users within the company.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
jforte
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks for the tag @MiaSrebrnjak !

Hey there, @AThompson1 ! As I understand each one of your deals could have several orders and you want to connect each order to a specific address, city and state, am I right?

In a rought check I have 2 solutions for your problem:
1) Building a custom object (object = contact, companies, deals, ...) called "Orders", add those properties you want to have (address, city, state) and everytime you have a new order you connect with your main deal.

Or 

2) Instead of creating a new property everytime you have a new order (that I'm not sure if it's even possible) why not building a string with that data?

Nowadays you have 4 single line text properties already built (Order, Shipping Address, Shipping City, Shipping State) just change their name for (Latest Order, Latest Shipping Address, Latest Shipping City, Latest Shipping State) and create 4 single line text new ones (Order (String), Shipping Address (String), Shipping City (String), Shipping State (String)). 

Now that you have all properties you need just build a workflow that everytime your deal have a new Order it will uptade the "Latest" properties and add it to the "String" ones. On the image below you can check how to do it

7d5f841a-5095-4c0d-9404-8fcdda30cca0.png

This way you'll have something as

Latest Order: Order#03
Latest Shipping Address: Street#03
Latest Shipping City: City#03
Latest Shipping State: State#03

---------

Order (String): Order#01;Order#02;Order#03
Shipping Address (String): Street#01;Street#02;Street#03
Shipping City (String): City#01;City#02;City#03
Shipping State (String): State#01;State#02;State#03

And you can do whatever you want with this data, send notifications with lastest data, export strings and separate by columns, etc - Hope it's been useful 💪

José Forte - Hubspot ChampJosé Pedro Forte
RevOps Manager at Infraspeak

• Hubspot Champion User - 2019
• Marketing Hub Champion User - 2020
• +100 Hubspot Community Kudos - 2023
• Community Champion - 2023

Hubspot headaches? Let's turn Oh's into workflows!

Let's Connect !

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
AThompson1
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you for the ideas - I will try one of these options.

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @AThompson1,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I wanted to tag in a couple of subject matter experts to see if they have any input on this matter:

hi @ConnorSlivensky@Phil_Vallender@jforte, what do you think would be the be way to approach this? Thank you!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

jforte
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks for the tag @MiaSrebrnjak !

Hey there, @AThompson1 ! As I understand each one of your deals could have several orders and you want to connect each order to a specific address, city and state, am I right?

In a rought check I have 2 solutions for your problem:
1) Building a custom object (object = contact, companies, deals, ...) called "Orders", add those properties you want to have (address, city, state) and everytime you have a new order you connect with your main deal.

Or 

2) Instead of creating a new property everytime you have a new order (that I'm not sure if it's even possible) why not building a string with that data?

Nowadays you have 4 single line text properties already built (Order, Shipping Address, Shipping City, Shipping State) just change their name for (Latest Order, Latest Shipping Address, Latest Shipping City, Latest Shipping State) and create 4 single line text new ones (Order (String), Shipping Address (String), Shipping City (String), Shipping State (String)). 

Now that you have all properties you need just build a workflow that everytime your deal have a new Order it will uptade the "Latest" properties and add it to the "String" ones. On the image below you can check how to do it

7d5f841a-5095-4c0d-9404-8fcdda30cca0.png

This way you'll have something as

Latest Order: Order#03
Latest Shipping Address: Street#03
Latest Shipping City: City#03
Latest Shipping State: State#03

---------

Order (String): Order#01;Order#02;Order#03
Shipping Address (String): Street#01;Street#02;Street#03
Shipping City (String): City#01;City#02;City#03
Shipping State (String): State#01;State#02;State#03

And you can do whatever you want with this data, send notifications with lastest data, export strings and separate by columns, etc - Hope it's been useful 💪

José Forte - Hubspot ChampJosé Pedro Forte
RevOps Manager at Infraspeak

• Hubspot Champion User - 2019
• Marketing Hub Champion User - 2020
• +100 Hubspot Community Kudos - 2023
• Community Champion - 2023

Hubspot headaches? Let's turn Oh's into workflows!

Let's Connect !