CRM

psx
Participant

Dynamic Fields / Conditional dropdown lists

SOLVE

Hi I was looking into SuiteCRM (SugarCRM) – where it is possible to create dynamic fields – e.g. conditional dropdown list (What you select in one dropdown list decides what you can select in another drop down list.

Does something similar exist in HubSpot?

1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @psx

Yes, you can do this using dependant form fields. HubSpot only supports one level of depth but you can multiple dependant rules. 

More details here:  How to use dependent form fields

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15
adrianhernandez

SOLVE

Hi, any update on this? I'd like to do conditional dropdowns country/city on Contacts and Companies.

JK1
Participant

SOLVE

Agreed, we need this for contacts and companies, possibly deals too.

i.e. A selection on one contact property narrows down the acceptable values in another field to 10 or less, rather than also including a whole lot of unrelated values that a user has to scroll through

JK1
Participant

SOLVE

This looks like the same idea, but with more votes and attention. Please upvote:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Field-Dependencies-for-Contact-Properties/idi-p/8942/...

Jeffb
Contributor

SOLVE

Love it, we want to be able to do that in our CRM, not just when collecting forms. This would make classifying contacts easier as we have some multi-select lists with a lot of options

TommyB93
Participant

SOLVE

Yep, it would be really useful to this in the CRM outside of forms without having to set up loads of complicated workflows to set a contact property based on the value of another contact property.

Mahesh_Raja
Participant

SOLVE

Totally agreed to it.

It's important for the business who have different BU's, where their contact profiles differ from one other

SKSara
Participant

SOLVE

yes we need this! cascade field on a contact or company

Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @psx

Yes, you can do this using dependant form fields. HubSpot only supports one level of depth but you can multiple dependant rules. 

More details here:  How to use dependent form fields

Hope this helps.

CP-BWG
Contributor

SOLVE

This is for forms, not for contacts properties... or is there a way to create a property like this by creating a form?

0 Upvotes
hscomuser2345
Contributor

SOLVE

I see others have weighed in on this but I'll chip in some more comments for what it's worth -

The suggested solution you offer here is only relevant for actual forms, not for normal properties within the CRM. What I'd like to see is something like the following:

In a mulit-parent, multi-child situation, the "parent" you choose affects the "children" you can choose -

• Parents: Outbound ; Inbound ; Other
  • Children: ZoomInfo ; LinkedIn ; White Paper ; Webinar ; etc...

If you select Outbound for the Parent, I want the user to only see ZoomInfo & LinkedIn for options in the Child property.

Does this level of functionality exist?

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @hscomuser2345 

Thank you for reaching out. 

This is not possible at this stage with HubSpot; I'd recommend posting an Idea in our Ideas Forum regarding this. That way other users can upvote it; and the Product Team regularly monitors the Forum

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
dickonstone
Participant

SOLVE

Hey Phil.

Sorry, I'm not sure this answers the question. 

Referencing this article: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/forms/use-dependent-form-fields

What if instead of "United States" I wanted a user to select between "East Coast" or "West Coast" and then serve only the applicable states in a "State/Region" field. Would "East States" and "West States" have to be 2 different properties?

There should be a way to limit the available options served by "State/Region" based on the selection of "East Coast" or "West Coast". 

Gravity Forms' conditional logic is a perfect example of this in action. Surely HubSpot has this fuctionality? If not... Meh.

BastiSchuhl
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Has there been any progress on this, does anyone in here know? This is an absolutely essential feature for companies with multiple Business Units / Teams accross the globe.

I would even go further and would love to see the option to create fields where the drop down options are dynamic as well; e.g. a "US Universities" Drop Down property would automatically pull all HS companies marked as US Universities as options for this property - and keep it up to date if changes are being made to the HS comapnies (universities).

Could we get an update on this please? It doesn't seem like this issues has actually been solved despite its status saying so. @Phil_Vallender can you weigh in on this again please? Thanks! 

Phil_Vallender

SOLVE

Hi @BastiSchuhl 

The original queston asked 'is there anything similar to this' in HubSpot so I think that is solved with the HubSpot dependant fields reply.

However, you are right that the more complex solutions requested by several of the posters here, whereby a selection in one dropdown property results in subset of options from one or more other properties being displayed (without those subsets of values being in seperate properties) is not catered for. 

It seems that maybe Sugar has a USP here, although I wouldn't be suprised if it were possible on Salesforce and Dynamics too. 

I couldn't find exactly this feature requested in the ideas forum, so I've created it and you can vote on it here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Conditional-Dynamic-Dependant-Dropdown-Properties-in-...

@dickonstone , @hscomuser2345 , @adrianhernandez , @JK1 , @Jeffb , @TommyB93 , @Mahesh_Raja , @SKSara : you may like to vote on the above idea too.

BastiSchuhl
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks for creating the new Idea Post, @Phil_Vallender !