CRM

Akanksha_RS
Participant

Duplicates - Make domain field required on company imports

SOLVE

Hi there,

We have so many duplicate company records and it becomes extremely tedious to merge them individually every single time. Making the domain field mandatory on imports will really help because that will immediately pick up that the company already exists. We have multiple sales team members who import lists and it is hard to make sure that they all add the domain field on their list. This feature will greatly improve CRM sanitation. 

2 Accepted solutions
AdamLPW
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @Akanksha_RS,

This is a perpetual bug-bear of mine - I actually have a recurring task to check for duplicate companies and sanitise, but it's incredibly time-consuming! 

I use a companies filter with domain is unknown, then sort by company name (saved filter, obviously!).  But, to be honest, the Import should be doing this for us.  Hubspot already does this for us for new customers created via other means - why not from Imports?!

I'd recommend posting this on the Ideas board, as that's where the development team look for new development suggestions.  

If you do post an idea there, be sure to pop a reply in this post with a link and I'll upvote it for you!

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Akanksha_RS,

Great suggestion, have you considered posting it in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community? The product team reviews these ideas based on demand.

In the meantime, here's the workaround I would suggest: By creating a saved view or even report (contacts without domain value by contact owner), you can identify users in your portal who repeatedly upload lists without adding the values for the company domain. Checking those views/reports allows you to point it out to them. If they repeatedly fail to upload the files in the correct way, you could consider restricting import access for those users and forcing them to manually create contacts (with required fields, see here).

It's not ideal, but the only process I can think of until HubSpot introduces more features.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Akanksha_RS,

Great suggestion, have you considered posting it in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community? The product team reviews these ideas based on demand.

In the meantime, here's the workaround I would suggest: By creating a saved view or even report (contacts without domain value by contact owner), you can identify users in your portal who repeatedly upload lists without adding the values for the company domain. Checking those views/reports allows you to point it out to them. If they repeatedly fail to upload the files in the correct way, you could consider restricting import access for those users and forcing them to manually create contacts (with required fields, see here).

It's not ideal, but the only process I can think of until HubSpot introduces more features.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Akanksha_RS
Participant

SOLVE

Yes, that's one workaround I considered. Unfortunately, it is not that easy for me to limit someone's access to imports or get them to add a field on their imports list every time, haha! I have posted my suggestion on the ideas board. Hopefully, Hubspot will act on it. Please upvote. Thanks again:)

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Make-domain-field-required-on-company-imports/idi-p/3...

0 Upvotes
AdamLPW
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @Akanksha_RS,

This is a perpetual bug-bear of mine - I actually have a recurring task to check for duplicate companies and sanitise, but it's incredibly time-consuming! 

I use a companies filter with domain is unknown, then sort by company name (saved filter, obviously!).  But, to be honest, the Import should be doing this for us.  Hubspot already does this for us for new customers created via other means - why not from Imports?!

I'd recommend posting this on the Ideas board, as that's where the development team look for new development suggestions.  

If you do post an idea there, be sure to pop a reply in this post with a link and I'll upvote it for you!

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"
Akanksha_RS
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you for your suggestion. I have posted it on the ideas board: 

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Make-domain-field-required-on-company-imports/idi-p/3...

0 Upvotes