Duplicated companies records with API

Aliba

Hi,

We imported companies records that were pre-existing in Hubspot having the same domain as the pre-existing one: Hubspot duplicated the records instead of merging the imported records with the existing ones having the same domain name.

Detailed description of what happened:

1) Company with name A and domain A exists in Hubspot

2) Another Company B with domain B is created via API call (B has the same name and domain as A)

3) Instead of merging Companies A and B, Hubspot created two separate companies

How to avoid duplication?

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @Aliba,

HubSpot deduplicates companies off of domain name. Was this information included when the company information came through? 

If it was and the issue is still occuring, I would reccomend reaching out in the developers forum as they will have more working knowledge of APIs. 

0 Upvotes
nataliewickham
Participant

This same thing happened to me.. I am merging a bunch of Salesforce data over (since we're moving off the platform). And I have duplicated company records with different info (owners, activities, etc). on each. I have 10 of one company!!! It happened when I turned the "Associate contacts with companies" checkbox back on... ah. Please advise! 

I can't even merge the data sets because our integration with SF is still turned on.

0 Upvotes