CRM

RZT

Duplicated companies on import

SOLVE

Hi,

I want to import data and prevent Hubspot setting up multiple records for a company where there are multiple contacts for that company.

So i did a test of 2 companies that each have 3 contacts each. 

When i imported the excel file, for one of the companies Hubspot grouped the 3 contacts into one Company record which is what i want, but the 2nd company (which has the same fields in excel as the other one), set up the 3 contacts under 3 different company records of exactly the same name - I then had to merge those accounts in hubspot to get them into the one client record. 

I have a large database to import and 80% of the companies have multiple contacts so dont want to spend 3 days having to merge every duplicated company record  individually.

Any help ? .. cheers 

1 Accepted solution
HubSpotMaster
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hubspot will take the domain from your contact email addresses if you have those and try and attach them to the company name. 

Adding in the domains for the import is defintely the best practice to guarantee the association. 

You can also create a main contact name field on the company record and import your names. This can help associate the fields as well. 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
HubSpotMaster

SOLVE

This thread might help Duplication of company records

0 Upvotes
RZT

SOLVE

Legend, thats great thanks

The only challenge I now have is that I only have about 50% of the company domains on my excel master. So am presuming it will only merge the ones with domains in the field and i'll still have to manually merge the ones that dont. 

HubSpotMaster
Solution

SOLVE

Hubspot will take the domain from your contact email addresses if you have those and try and attach them to the company name. 

Adding in the domains for the import is defintely the best practice to guarantee the association. 

You can also create a main contact name field on the company record and import your names. This can help associate the fields as well. 

0 Upvotes
RZT

SOLVE

great thansks

0 Upvotes