Duplicate emial address on contacts page

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hello,

I noticed that hubspot has automatically added different email address on a contact page.

It looks all the emails the users enter while filling out different forms on my site are added to only one contact. Example...

How do you avoid this?

Screen Shot 2018-02-01 at 12.42.29 PM.png

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
Community Manager

Hey @Stefano4urspace

Are you still experiencing this issue on your end? I am unable to reproduce the behavior from what I can see. Can you please send the direct url (either through here or a direct message) to the page you are seeing that on if it is still showing that way? 

Thanks, 
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hello,

when a user fills the different forms on 4URSPACE, if those forms have email addresses, all the emails get saved to the contact page of the user even if the emails are related to people outside the user's organization.

Also, Hubspot collects data from all the forms on the site, Is there a way to collect data from the Login and Signup page only?

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @Stefano4urspace

Are these forms connected to HubSpot by collected forms? If so, there is no way to specify which forms you would like turned on and off aside from removing the tracking code from certain pages (which would completely disassociate the pages from HubSpot). 

Are all of the email addresses coming through in the form submissions associated with one contact, or are these email addresses from other form submissions by other visitors? If you can send along a video or screenshots of the process and where these results are populating within your portal, that would be great!

Thanks,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hello,

The issue is when the user posts a project on his/her profile.

When they post a project they need to indicate another person/company involved in the project and they are required to enter the email address of that contact. 

When a user posts many projects on the profile, every email used to validate the project gets automatically added to the user's profile on Hubspot. For example, see profile https://app.hubspot.com/sales/3112340/contact/4201/?interaction=note

In this case bpowell@solexcontracting.com is the correct one related to this profile.

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hey @Stefano4urspace

I've taken a look at the example contact and based on what I can see it looks like the change source for the email is the collected form you have and the cookie settings on the collected form. 

I would recommend working with your form creator to configure the forms so as not to collect cookies in the manner they are collecting cookies in, as this is causing the issue of merging email addresses to 1 contact.

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Thanks but are not the cookies "planted' by hubspot on each form?

Also, when I login on an user profile from my computer using the user's credentials, hubspot merge my email and any other email in any other form with the contact.

Is there a way for hubspot to do not collect cookies from my computer?

0 Upvotes