CRM

CLawson4
Membro

Duplicate companies

resolver

I'm not sure how I have a duplicate company as I thought we could not have dups in the system.  One was created in 2019 and the other in Feb of this year.  Same domain and they each have different owners.  Can I merge them?

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
karstenkoehler
Solução
Membro do Hall da Fama | Parceiro

Duplicate companies

resolver

Hi @CLawson4,

Funny thing, I encountered the same this week and contacted HubSpot support. I had tested whether it was possible to create a second company record with the same company domain name. It is. Turns out that this is working as designed:

I just received a confirmation from my team saying that HubSpot won't prevent you to create a second company with the same domain name.

They mentioned that the association would occur if you are importing to HubSpot, but creating a new one from HubSpot itself, you would have the option to continue creating a new one as we can identify we have a similar company. If you continue creating the Company, Hubspot will show the possible duplicated company here, after the scheduled calculation as you may be aware.

So, they ensured this is working as designed and is not a glitch.

In your case, the best solution would indeed be to simply merge them.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Exibir solução no post original

0 Avaliação positiva
2 Respostas 2
karstenkoehler
Solução

Duplicate companies

resolver

Hi @CLawson4,

Funny thing, I encountered the same this week and contacted HubSpot support. I had tested whether it was possible to create a second company record with the same company domain name. It is. Turns out that this is working as designed:

I just received a confirmation from my team saying that HubSpot won't prevent you to create a second company with the same domain name.

They mentioned that the association would occur if you are importing to HubSpot, but creating a new one from HubSpot itself, you would have the option to continue creating a new one as we can identify we have a similar company. If you continue creating the Company, Hubspot will show the possible duplicated company here, after the scheduled calculation as you may be aware.

So, they ensured this is working as designed and is not a glitch.

In your case, the best solution would indeed be to simply merge them.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Avaliação positiva
CLawson4
Membro

Duplicate companies

resolver

Thank you @karstenkoehler 

0 Avaliação positiva