CRM

NinaKovari
Contributor

Drill Down Display Value

SOLVE

We have a lot of incoming contacts from various APIs, emial integrations, lists, and forms and knowing specifically where they come from is very useful to us so that we can appropriately sort them. 

I have noticed that when a contact comes from a list, HubSpot displays a number value instead of the list's name, and in order to see which list it actually came from you have to view the contact's profile and then click to view more properties. This is inconvenient, since I would like to see from the main contacts page which list the contact came from. 

Is there a way to get HubSpot to display the external value, instead of the internal value?  

1 Accepted solution
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

Drill Down Display Value

SOLVE

Hi @NinaKovari,

There is no way to override the original source drill down values. If you would like this information stored in a different place, I would recommend creating a custom property to hold this information.

Thank you,

Jenny

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Drill Down Display Value

SOLVE

Hi @NinaKovari,

Are you referring to the drill down original source properties

If you can send along screenshots of what you are referring to and where you are getting stuck, that would be great!

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
NinaKovari
Contributor

Drill Down Display Value

SOLVE

Hi Jenny, yup that is exactly what I'm referring to.

So this first screenshot is what I see when in the Contact home page, the second is what I see when I click to preview the contact, the third image is what I see when I export a list of users to an excel file. 

drill down source.pngdrill down source 2.pngdrill down source 3.png

I also encountered another interesting version of this, on the Contact page I can see the name of the list the contact came from (seen in first image below), but when I preview the contact (second image) and export to an excel sheet (third image), I get the internal number value. 

drill down source 1.5.PNGdrill down source 2.5.png

drill down source 3.5.PNG

I understand the purpose of using an internal value from HubSpot's standpoint, but I don't know why I would need it when I'm exporting the data.  I know HubSpot can export external value names because it does it for property names. For example I have a property called "SE Enrolled", but it's internal value is "portal_onboarded", when I export contacts with this property, the excel column header is "SE Enrolled".

So basically, what I'm asking, is if there is a work around to exporting the external name, instead of the internal value aside from having an excel cheat sheet with the internal and external values to replace the values with manually? 

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

Drill Down Display Value

SOLVE

Hi @NinaKovari,

There is no way to override the original source drill down values. If you would like this information stored in a different place, I would recommend creating a custom property to hold this information.

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
NinaKovari
Contributor

Drill Down Display Value

SOLVE

Hi @jennysowyrda,

Alrighty, that is probably the best solution then.

I do have one last question, I was wondering if you know if there is a reason that sometimes the drill down shows the internal number value and sometimes it shows the actual name of the item?

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Drill Down Display Value

SOLVE

Hi @NinaKovari,

The internal value is always going to be what is directly associated with the property; the name is going to be a label that is applied to make the internal value understandable in your portal.

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes