CRM

Gaalco

Downloading data from Companies House

it would be a good idea to import data from the Companies House portal by identifying the company number

Is that possible?

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
SWilsonA4u
Top Contributor

@Gaalco 

Not quite what you are looking to do but I have added the following into my records

1. Crated a custom number field against Companies and called it Companies House Number.
  2. When we add a new company to the database and we are triaging the data we will manually update this field and add the number.
  3. I have also created a single line text field that I titled Link to Companies House.
  4. A simple workflow enrols a company record when the Companies House Number field is entered or updated.
  5. The workflow updates the Link to Companies House field to be

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/ and then add the token for the Companies House Number field
  6. This will then automatically create hyperlink to Companies house on every company record that you enter that has a number in the Companies House Number field.

This works as the Companies House website is consistent that all company pages have the same URL that just ends in the company reg number.

As I say, not what you are looking to do but just thought I’d share this if it is of interest.

JessicaH
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @Gaalco,

Thanks for reaching out.

Currently the unique identifieres for company records in HubSpot are either the company domain or the object ID

Importing companies based on the number is not possible.

I hope this helps.

Take care!

Jess

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes