CRM

edmclough
Participant

Double Opt-in Override

SOLVE

With recent changes to the contact import process, there is no longer a checkbox to select that the contacts have already double opted-in to receive communication (ex: via MailChimp or external conference software). 

For our company, we have situations like trade shows where we can't utilize HubSpot forms for the opt-in. Instead, we use lead capture software provided by the trade show, then need to import a list of contacts. These contacts don't need to receive a double opt-in message from us. We should be able to email them immediately after importing.

Basically, we need a way to import contacts that have already double opted-in via another platform and set their "Marketing Email Confirmation Status" without turning off our "Double Opt-in" settings. 

Please bring back the checkbox option to override double opt-in during import.

1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

Double Opt-in Override

SOLVE

Excellent suggestions. You may wish to add to a new or existing thread in HubSpot Ideas.

You'll typically get much more traction from the HubSpot Community AND the Ideas Forum is where HubSpot Product Teams monitor suggestions for popularity -- i.e., VOTES! 🙂

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
tMsZA

Double Opt-in Override

SOLVE

Good day Hubspot community. 

I trust this post finds you all in good cheer. 

Here is my challenge: 

a. The set up: 

1. we are an e-commerce platform in South Africa -- near launch

2. I created a Hubspot form (online stand alone)  for Vendor applications with 2 tick boxes to opt in to one on one and Vendor subscribe list (I created) 

3. The follow up email is critical to complete the 'receiving of supported documents' for vetting purposes. 

4. I have added 2 opt in tick box's onto the Vendor Application (First contact form) 

The Challenge: 

1. Not everyone that submits the Vendor Application is receiving the follow up email. 

2.  The common error message is: 

There was an issue sending an email to this contact.
This recipient hasn’t confirmed their subscription yet. 

Question:

How do i over come this problem as it has already created an admin nightmare (no automation) 

We are having to call each application received to confirm they have the email and if not to work through this to ensure they get it as an email send one by one outside of Hubspot. 

Your reply and assitance with be most appreciated. 

Terence | TMS

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

Double Opt-in Override

SOLVE

Excellent suggestions. You may wish to add to a new or existing thread in HubSpot Ideas.

You'll typically get much more traction from the HubSpot Community AND the Ideas Forum is where HubSpot Product Teams monitor suggestions for popularity -- i.e., VOTES! 🙂

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
edmclough
Participant

Double Opt-in Override

SOLVE