CRM

HerveFR
Teilnehmer/-in

Don't automatically create a new contact when sending a form through my website

lösung

Hi everybody,

I would like to use the Hubspot extension for my Wordpress website. I've several forms (one for each job offer as I'm a recuiter). Right now, when somebody does a new form submission, Hubspot automatically creates the email's contact in my Hubspot CRM. That's not fine for me.

I would like :

- The contact not to be creatd if not already existing in my CRM (because I don't know it he/she is a good or bad candidate)

- And if I add this contact to my Hubspot CRM some days later (because he/she is a good candidate), then I would like Hubspot to get his/her past navigation on my website.

Is it possible to do this ?

Thanks a lot !

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
AdamLPW
Lösung
Autorität

lösung

Hi @HerveFR,

Let me get this straight - you want people to submit a form and NOT have a contact record created in your CRM... but then whey you subsequently qualify them as a good candidate, you want the CRM retrospectively to include their website activity?

No, I don't think that's possible.  I'm pretty sure a HubSpot contact record only includes data from the point at which the contact is created (including website activity). 

What I'd recommend, as an alternative, is a means of differentiating between different qualities of contacts within your CRM using e.g. Lifecycle Stages or a custom property.  E.g. you could have a property called "Candidate Qualified?" which is a Yes/No (boolean) property, or a property called "Candidate Quality" with a number of options. 

Instead of adding the contact to HubSpot at a later date, you could simply amend the custom property to indicate that this candidate has been qualified or validated.  If you don't want contacts who are poor candidates to appear in your CRM, you could regularly delete in bulk any contacts based on form submission date and your custom property (i.e. filter contacts for form submission date = this week and "Candidate Qualified" = No).

Hope this helps.  

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

1 Antwort
AdamLPW
Lösung
Autorität

lösung

Hi @HerveFR,

Let me get this straight - you want people to submit a form and NOT have a contact record created in your CRM... but then whey you subsequently qualify them as a good candidate, you want the CRM retrospectively to include their website activity?

No, I don't think that's possible.  I'm pretty sure a HubSpot contact record only includes data from the point at which the contact is created (including website activity). 

What I'd recommend, as an alternative, is a means of differentiating between different qualities of contacts within your CRM using e.g. Lifecycle Stages or a custom property.  E.g. you could have a property called "Candidate Qualified?" which is a Yes/No (boolean) property, or a property called "Candidate Quality" with a number of options. 

Instead of adding the contact to HubSpot at a later date, you could simply amend the custom property to indicate that this candidate has been qualified or validated.  If you don't want contacts who are poor candidates to appear in your CRM, you could regularly delete in bulk any contacts based on form submission date and your custom property (i.e. filter contacts for form submission date = this week and "Candidate Qualified" = No).

Hope this helps.  

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"