CRM

CLlanos
Participant

Domain linked to cms does not redirect to home page

SOLVE

I have successfully linked www.domain.com to my cms; the home page has the same name as my domain and the route is: www.domain.com/es/domain, when directly accessing this route the page loads and is displayed correctly. But when trying to use only the primary domain www.domain.com the page does not load and an error appears. Does anyone understand the problem and have a solution?

Captura de pantalla 2023-02-01 080450.png

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CLlanos 

If your website/homepage is hosted on HubSpot CMS, then it should have no slug in the page > page URL settings so that it appears at the root of your connected domain; like this:

Homepage URL.png

Hope these helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

Jnix284
Solution

SOLVE

@CLlanos in addition to checking the home page slug per @Phil_Vallender  suggestion, you might also check your domain language settings to ensure they are properly configured, enabling language redirects is selected by default and can mess with your URL structure.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
CLlanos
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you Phil and Jennifer.

In the page settings I removed the default language and in the domain language settings I turned on the specific language slug. Is working now.

We'll see what challenges I encounter when I add a new language.

Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @CLlanos 

If your website/homepage is hosted on HubSpot CMS, then it should have no slug in the page > page URL settings so that it appears at the root of your connected domain; like this:

Homepage URL.png

Hope these helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
Jnix284
Solution

SOLVE

@CLlanos in addition to checking the home page slug per @Phil_Vallender  suggestion, you might also check your domain language settings to ensure they are properly configured, enabling language redirects is selected by default and can mess with your URL structure.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin