CRM

Felipe-CS
Colaborador(a) | Parceiro Platinum

Does a contact ignore a Delay until Monday if it arrives at the delay on a Monday?

resolver

I have a workflow that will send contacts after 48 hours of inactivity to another system, but having that 48-hour delay to run during a weekend is not fair, since a contact could enter the delay Friday afternoon and then be sent sunday afternoon, leaving our sales rep almost no time to actually interact with the contact.

To avoid this I added a "delay until weekday" step, but I don't this delay to be in effect if I'm already on a weekday. Is this how it's going to work? If not, how can I achieve this result?

Also, I already scheduled the workflow to run on weekdays commercial time only.

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
karstenkoehler
Solução
Membro do Hall da Fama | Parceiro

Does a contact ignore a Delay until Monday if it arrives at the delay on a Monday?

resolver

Hi @Felipe-CS,

The behavior of these types of delays is explained here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/workflows/use-delays#delay-until-a-day-or-time

The important part: "If you add multiple days to the delay, records will exit the delay on the soonest available day. For example, if your delay includes Monday and Thursday, any contact who enters the delay on Tuesday will be released on Thursday."

In other words: If you delay like below...

karstenkoehler_0-1657038925416.png

If a contact arrives at such a delay, it will simply go on, see this workflow below that I tested just now (on a Tuesday).

karstenkoehler_1-1657039050846.png

In other words, on weekdays, the workflow just executes normally. If a contact arrives at this step of the workflow on a weekend, it would continue on Monday.

The delay section of your workflow would have to look like this:

karstenkoehler_2-1657039131970.png

Scenarios:

• Contact arrives on Monday > delay until Wednesday
  • Contact arrives on Tuesday > delay until Thursday
  • Contact arrives on Wednesday > delay until Friday
  • Contact arrives on Thursday > delay until Saturday > delay until Monday
  • Contact arrives on Friday > delay until Saturday > delay until Monday
  • Contact arrives on Saturday > delay until Monday
  • Contact arrives on Sunday > delay until Tuesday

(The working hours would then become redundant.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Exibir solução no post original

5 Respostas 5
Felipe-CS

resolver

In my case, we needed a 48h delay always. In the situation you mentioned, the contact is going through the weekday delay on Friday, then stops for 48h, exits on Sunday 14h, and then stops at a weekday delay.

The second "weekday delay" was also set to 7PM, so it will only leave the delay after Monday business time ends, to be worked on the following morning. So it does not get the full 48h (which would be Tuesday 2pm), but close enough.

0 Avaliação positiva
karstenkoehler
Solução

resolver

Hi @Felipe-CS,

The behavior of these types of delays is explained here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/workflows/use-delays#delay-until-a-day-or-time

The important part: "If you add multiple days to the delay, records will exit the delay on the soonest available day. For example, if your delay includes Monday and Thursday, any contact who enters the delay on Tuesday will be released on Thursday."

In other words: If you delay like below...

karstenkoehler_0-1657038925416.png

If a contact arrives at such a delay, it will simply go on, see this workflow below that I tested just now (on a Tuesday).

karstenkoehler_1-1657039050846.png

In other words, on weekdays, the workflow just executes normally. If a contact arrives at this step of the workflow on a weekend, it would continue on Monday.

The delay section of your workflow would have to look like this:

karstenkoehler_2-1657039131970.png

Scenarios:

• Contact arrives on Monday > delay until Wednesday
  • Contact arrives on Tuesday > delay until Thursday
  • Contact arrives on Wednesday > delay until Friday
  • Contact arrives on Thursday > delay until Saturday > delay until Monday
  • Contact arrives on Saturday > delay until Monday
  • Contact arrives on Sunday > delay until Tuesday

(The working hours would then become redundant.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

HDang0
Participante

resolver

I have similar problems with delays and it is a ticket based one (not worked on for 48 hrs => Notifications)

If a ticket is enrolled on Friday at 2pm, the 1st and last weekday delays don't work because:

1st weekday delay makes no different on Fridays

last weekday delay is basically Settings: execute actions on next Monday

In your answer:

If ticket is enrolled on 2pm on Friday, finished at 2pm on Sunday, Notifications will be sent on Monday 8am (working hrs: 8am -4pm), while the delay during working hours is only 2 hrs on Friday, not 48 hrs on working days. We end up receiving hundreds of Notifications on Monday morning which is worth 2-3 business days (Sat + Sun)

Am I missing anything?

Thanks,

HD

0 Avaliação positiva
Felipe-CS

resolver

Thanks Karsten, I had inserted the weekday delay before, and I opted to add it before and after. Contacts coming in the weekend should not run their delay during the weekend and leave  sooner than expected. Also added in the second "weekday delay" step the last hour of the work day to make sure that a contact that enters the delay late Friday (then runs the 48hrs during the weekend) has at least a full Monday before leaving it.

HDang0
Participante

resolver

Does it work for you? I have similar problems with delays and it is a ticket based one.

If a ticket is enrolled on Friday at 2pm, the 1st and last weekday delays don't work because:

1st weekday delay makes no different on Fridays

last weekday delay is basically Settings: execute actions on next Monday

Am I missing anything?

Thanks,

HD

0 Avaliação positiva