Does a contact get re-added if I delete them from HubSpot but have Salesforce sync enabled?

JTChal

I have 500 mostly-junk leads created through the HubSpot Gmail extension that I've assigned the lead source "Hubspot Gmail extension." I want to delete most of them except for a handful that my Sales team cares about. If I delete them all from HubSpot, and I have Salesforce sync enabled, will the leads in Salesforce be added back to HubSpot even though I just deleted the good ones along with the bad ones?

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
bradmin
Key Advisor

Hi, @JTChal. Can you say more about why you want to delete both the good and bad leads? I understand 500 is a lot, but if it were me, I'd submit a .csv to the team for review, and have them select the leads they want to keep. Any of the bad ones can be imported in a static list to HubSpot, then you can delete all contacts from that static list. 

To answer your question as asked, deleting records in HubSpot won't delete them out of Salesforce. I'm not certain they'll be able to be recreated via auto-add, however; it may take some kind of import to get them back into HubSpot. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
0 Upvotes
JTChal

You're right - there's a better way to delete the bad apples from HubSpot, and I'll use a static list.

I guess I'm just wondering more broadly: If Contacts sync between HubSpot and Salesforce, and you delete a contact from HubSpot that remains in Salesforce, does the sync automatically add them back to HubSpot?

0 Upvotes
bradmin
Key Advisor

That's a good question, and you should be able to make a quick test of this. Delete a singular bad contact from HubSpot, and wait 15 minutes. (Refresh the Salesforce record that had been syncing; once the HubSpot Intelligence Visualforce page data returns to its zero-state message, you're clear to proceed.)

Then, make a change to any Salesforce field which is used in a property mapping in HubSpot, save, and wait another 15 minutes to see if the recently-edited record shows up, it'll be recreated. My guess is that it probably won't; however, I would expect an edit of an existing email to a new, unique email to sync via auto-add.

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
0 Upvotes
Kanishka

I have a similar question related to companies in HS. We deleted around 80K contacts from our HS instance and their corresponding companies (around 9K) from the HS as they were of no use. While after some time, around 125 of them created by itself from the SFDC. So I am trying to understand why SFDC auto-created just those 125 companies and not others. 

And for further details, I did a sample of few companies which do not get created back, they exist in SFDC. So can anyone provide some insight here?

Asking as we are planning to delete some more companies from our database as we don't have any contact associated with them and they got created a few years back lying in the system since then. 

0 Upvotes
TimKlimasewski
Participant

Hi @Kanishka , I am considering a very similar question - did you get an answer about your reappearing companies from Salesforce accounts. I suspect some action is required to initiate the "push" into HubSpot like an edit/update. If you don't want accounts, or contacts - shouldn't you delete them in salesforce. Otherwise, I think you would need to set up selective-sync.

Tim Klimasewski

0 Upvotes