Document Based Workflows

SOLVE
HannahSarsfield
Participant

Hi, 

I would like to implement a compnay based workflow based on the number of contacts at that organisation who have downloaded a document - can this be done?

Many thanks,

Hanah 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Most Valuable Member

Hi @HannahSarsfield,

At the moment there simply isn't any link between documents and workflows. Nothing. Other users have requested this already in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. I'd recommend upvoting. Until the product team reviews this, it's not possible.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
Freelance Digital Marketing Advisor

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
karstenkoehler
Most Valuable Member

Hi @HannahSarsfield,

Are you referring to sales documents? If yes, then this can currently not be done, unfortunately. The approach here would be to work with activity properties and counting up a custom number property in workflows – however, whether a contact has seen or downloaded a document is not stored as an activity and can't be accessed for lists or workflows.

If you're referring to files that are hosted using the HubSpot file manager, let me know and I'll see if I can come up with a solution 🙂

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
HannahSarsfield
Participant

Thanks Karsten - yes I was referring to the sales documents. 

Would there be anyway I could send internal emails when 2 or more conatcts at an organisation have downloaded a document?

Best,

Hannah 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Most Valuable Member

Hi @HannahSarsfield,

I'm not aware of any ways to achieve this. I think that this is currently not possible.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
HannahSarsfield
Participant

Hi Karsten, 

Thanks anyway.

Is there a way to create a workflow when a contact has opened a document a specific number of times?

Best,

Hannah 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Most Valuable Member

Hi @HannahSarsfield,

At the moment there simply isn't any link between documents and workflows. Nothing. Other users have requested this already in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. I'd recommend upvoting. Until the product team reviews this, it's not possible.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
HannahSarsfield
Participant

Ok thanks Karsten!