CRM

stinhambo
投稿者

Do you write notes in Call Task or Call Log?

解決

If I create a call task and make a call, it creates two separate activity records (the task and the call).

Where do *you* put the notes?

Sometimes it seems that the call notes feature is a little redundant because it doesn't relate to the call task.

I'm verging into feature request territory here but  wouldn't it make more sense to append a call to a task as a history of trying to complete that task?

1件の承認済みベストアンサー
StephanyWHP
解決策
投稿者

解決

Typically when I'm going through a Call Queue, I automatically hit Log Activity as soon as I dial the number because it will automatically timestamp for when the call begins. I then log the notes of what happened for the call in the Call Log. 

Once that's complete, I copy that and add it onto the Task as well. So for example, if I have to call back because I didn't get through and I want to utilize the same Task (HubSpot doesn't really seem to understand tasks are rarely resolved immediately upon making a phone call, and you also rarely get through to the Contact on the first try), it would go like so: 

Make note in Call Log > Front Desk (mary) said Kyle was unavailable, try back.

Hit "Save & complete task"

Go down to Task & hit Edit

After my current notes for the Task, add on "*11/10: Front Desk (mary) said Kyle was unavailable, try back."

Mark Task as Incomplete

Save

Go back to the top of the Queue and hit "Skip task"

A bit clunky and redundant for sure, but it's the only way I've found to efficiently move through Tasks without having to create a new Task for every single call I make and then having to scroll through a long list of Tasks just to get a feel for what I'm trying to do (especially when the overall intent is the same). 

I find it beneficial to have that info in both places because you can filter a Contact (or Company) Timeline by Calls and just see all of the calls in one place, and yet I still also need that info all together as it pertains to the current project without having to sift through a lot of stuff and piece it together. 

HubSpot's Tasks appear to be designed for a very specific type of workflow, so I've had to come up with a lot of workarounds to make them useful for me. I hope that at least gives you some ideas for how else to approach them!

元の投稿で解決策を見る

2件の返信
StephanyWHP
解決策
投稿者

解決

Typically when I'm going through a Call Queue, I automatically hit Log Activity as soon as I dial the number because it will automatically timestamp for when the call begins. I then log the notes of what happened for the call in the Call Log. 

Once that's complete, I copy that and add it onto the Task as well. So for example, if I have to call back because I didn't get through and I want to utilize the same Task (HubSpot doesn't really seem to understand tasks are rarely resolved immediately upon making a phone call, and you also rarely get through to the Contact on the first try), it would go like so: 

Make note in Call Log > Front Desk (mary) said Kyle was unavailable, try back.

Hit "Save & complete task"

Go down to Task & hit Edit

After my current notes for the Task, add on "*11/10: Front Desk (mary) said Kyle was unavailable, try back."

Mark Task as Incomplete

Save

Go back to the top of the Queue and hit "Skip task"

A bit clunky and redundant for sure, but it's the only way I've found to efficiently move through Tasks without having to create a new Task for every single call I make and then having to scroll through a long list of Tasks just to get a feel for what I'm trying to do (especially when the overall intent is the same). 

I find it beneficial to have that info in both places because you can filter a Contact (or Company) Timeline by Calls and just see all of the calls in one place, and yet I still also need that info all together as it pertains to the current project without having to sift through a lot of stuff and piece it together. 

HubSpot's Tasks appear to be designed for a very specific type of workflow, so I've had to come up with a lot of workarounds to make them useful for me. I hope that at least gives you some ideas for how else to approach them!

stinhambo
投稿者

解決

I've found myself doing the same and I so I added an idea that merges the call/email/note UI with the active task so you can see what you're writing notes against.

Then the notes append themselves to the task so if you don't complete it, you can still see the full history of your task progress to date and it doesn't mean multiple unrelated activity entries.