Do you use Hubspot to track customers after closing?

New Contributor

Hello! 

My company uses Hubspot to track deals, throughout the sales process, which is great.

My question for y'all is, can Hubspot be used to track the status of customers after closing?

We have a hands-on, multi-step onboarding process which can take a little bit and I'm curious to know if any of you have used Hubspot to track this process / keep track of customers more generally.

If so, how do you do it? Do you have a separate onboarding pipeline with different stages? 

If you don't use Hubspot for this purpose, is there another tool you can recommend?

Apologies in advance if this question has been posted elsewhere. 

3 Replies 3
Regular Contributor

Hey @mcopenhagen,

HubSpot has lifecycle stages which is a good way to keep track of your contacts. Is that what you are looking to do? 

Or, depending on your subscription, you could create two pipelines for deals, and make one pipeline specifically for 'archived deals'. 

Does that help?  

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hey there,

My company is also running into this at the moment, and we're going the pipeline route (for now), but running into some logistical issues.

An end-user of the product we sell might have multiple deliverables, so we began with the thought that the first stage ought to be "New Customer", the second stage ought to be "Deliverables deployed", the third being "Users trained", and then the fourth being "Deployed/Trained".

However, some users may prefer to be trained on a deliverable prior to all of the total deliverables being deployed (elements of software, basically). So then they are requesting training (our 3rd stage) prior to technically completing the deployment (our 2nd stage). 

I am working with my colleagues to come up with a way to pipeline this out that meets our business needs and also is flexible to the path customers prefer to take. 

I can come back and update as we work closer to a plan, but I wanted to reply to say that 
A) I'm interested in any progress you've made, and 
B) I will let you both know what my team decides on.

~Thanks!

James

New Contributor

Thanks, James. Our situation is quite similar in terms of multiple pathways to onboarding. Please do keep us updated on what you find - I'll plan on doing the same when we come up with a satisfactory solution. 

0 Upvotes