CRM

lpaladin
Participante

Do Companies Sync With Contacts?

resolver

How do I make a change to a Company (i.e. name, address) so that it will update/sync to all Contacts within the Company?

I've noticed that some Companies don't contain the same information as Contacts - although they were automatically generated, not manually created, so I'm surprised and confused by how that works. 

1 Solução aceita
relabidin
Solução
Alunos da HubSpot
Alunos da HubSpot

resolver

Hi @lpaladin,

When Companies are automatically created based on Contacts in the CRM, certain details like address are populated from our database of publicly available company information. 

However, this data does not sync to Contacts that are associated with the Company and we do not offer a feature to do this automatically in the CRM. 

Our Marketing product offers an automation feature called Workflows that can be configured to copy company property information on to associated contacts. Our marketing product is a paid subscription that you do not appear to have at this time.

Rami 

Exibir solução no post original

0 Avaliação positiva
5 Respostas 5
relabidin
Solução
Alunos da HubSpot
Alunos da HubSpot

resolver

Hi @lpaladin,

When Companies are automatically created based on Contacts in the CRM, certain details like address are populated from our database of publicly available company information. 

However, this data does not sync to Contacts that are associated with the Company and we do not offer a feature to do this automatically in the CRM. 

Our Marketing product offers an automation feature called Workflows that can be configured to copy company property information on to associated contacts. Our marketing product is a paid subscription that you do not appear to have at this time.

Rami 

0 Avaliação positiva
clioi
Top colaborador(a)

resolver

Hi  - any updates on this?

0 Avaliação positiva
lpaladin
Participante

resolver

I haven't seen an update on this, but we've discovered that there is an "Associated Company" field that we can change as well - which is a bit confusing. For now we're entering the Company name, then manually selecting the Associated Company, which often autopopulates incorrectly because it uses the contact's email extension (@domain.com).

As for making bulk changes to contacts within a Company, the workaround I've been using is to run a filter for the Company name and then check all and make a change. The bulk edit feature works well for most  things, but changing the Associated Company does have to be done manually and individually. 

0 Avaliação positiva
danyelb
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Hello,

Is this sync with Contacts being considered?

I have to say details such as address, phone, etc should be be synced or automatically ported to Contacts when they are created or a Company is updated.

All competing CRM's do this.

Looking forward to your comments!

CEllis
Moderador da HubSpot
Moderador da HubSpot

resolver

Moving to HubSpot Ideas Forum for further consideration.

0 Avaliação positiva