CRM

zerho1
Mitglied

Distinguish Customers and Users (really different platform users)

lösung

Hi there,

as of this conversation, and more, it's clear to me that I have different ways to be able to distinguish different kind of Contacts in my CRM, but my question is a bit more philosofical than technical.

So, let's say we are a gigs platform, so we have two very different actors:

on one hand the Customers that for us are people willing to buy our service and hire our Crowd to do some job;

on the other hand the Crowders, people subscribed to the platform that are willing to do some task for me and get paid.

What makes them completely different is that obviously they belong to different parts of the platform, and on my Business logic I need to know completely different informations for both of them.
In some extend we could say thet with my Customers I would use the CRM+ Marketing+Sales Hubs in a traditional way, while with the Crowd I'd use the CRM + Service Hub cause of the communications I need to have with them in order to work.

My point is, since the difference in the two type of contacts is Huge, I'd love to use the CRM for both because I want strong segmentations features based on the datat I want to provide to HubSpot, but while for the Customers we could say I'd use almost just the default properties, fot the Crowd I'd want to add a lot of Custom properties, as if they were two different databases of Contacts.

Now do you think this approach is completely doable and just need some well tought configuration?
Or maybe you think it's not a good idea, maybe I'm looking for a different tool and should use HS for the Customers and something else for the Crowd...
Or maybe I should use two separated account?

Thanks indeed for any suggestion, I'm really open,

As we would say in Italy I'm scared I'm "confusing chickpeas with beans" 😉

1 Akzeptierte Lösung
Phil_Vallender
Lösung
Koryphäe | Diamond Partner

lösung

Hi @zerho1 

A a great question, and a fairly common one. No perfect answer I'm afraid. 

While there are almost certainly CRMs that are built specifically for the marketplace model - where you take a cut of every deal and pay the remainder to a supplier - HubSpot isn't one of them, but I'm sure it can work. 

To you, your two types of contact are very different beasts - you need different things from each of them, and they from you. But, in reality, they remain the same - people. People who come to your website and who take the path of least resistance to complete their task. Meaning separating them in a fundamental way in your CRM, or using two separate CRMs, probably doesn't achieve your objectives. 

With careful configuration and the use of custom properties, HubSpot can store your customers and suppliers, and associate them using deals. Custom or calculated deal properties could store your free and the remainder. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

2 Antworten
Phil_Vallender
Lösung

lösung

Hi @zerho1 

A a great question, and a fairly common one. No perfect answer I'm afraid. 

While there are almost certainly CRMs that are built specifically for the marketplace model - where you take a cut of every deal and pay the remainder to a supplier - HubSpot isn't one of them, but I'm sure it can work. 

To you, your two types of contact are very different beasts - you need different things from each of them, and they from you. But, in reality, they remain the same - people. People who come to your website and who take the path of least resistance to complete their task. Meaning separating them in a fundamental way in your CRM, or using two separate CRMs, probably doesn't achieve your objectives. 

With careful configuration and the use of custom properties, HubSpot can store your customers and suppliers, and associate them using deals. Custom or calculated deal properties could store your free and the remainder. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
zerho1
Mitglied

lösung

I understand thanks,

do you think assigning 2 different personas could be a good way of separating them, or maybe I don't want to waste the usefulness of personas for this single purpose?

0 Upvotes