CRM

CarolineO
Membro

Displaying Line Items on Company Side Bar

resolver

We are really struggling with Line Items. We want them to display on the Company side bar so that Customer team can easily see which products a customer has bought but there doesn't seem to be any way to do this. You have to click into the deal to view the data. Has anyone found a way around this? 

2 Solução aceitas
karstenkoehler
Solução
Membro do Hall da Fama | Parceiro
Membro do Hall da Fama | Parceiro

resolver

Hi @CarolineO,

Here's a workaround until HubSpot does this natively.

First, create a custom company property of type Checkboxes (Select multiple options), let's assume it's called Line items (company). All your line items should be created as values in this property: Line item 1, Line item 2, Line item 3...

Next, you'd create a deal-based workflow. For this workaround, you need to create one workflow per line item.

Deal enrollment trigger: At least one associated Line Item has Name is equal to any of Line item 1

# The SKU field would also be a suitable trigger.

Set property value: Append a company property Line items (company) of the associated companies with Line item 1

# It's important that you do not just set the value, it has to be appended. Otherwise, HubSpot will overwrite existing values.

With one workflow per line item, each one will append their values to the new custom property. All line items associated with a company should now show up neatly in this one field.

Lastly, you'd move this new custom property into the company sidebar so that it's easily visible for your customer team.

This workaround becomes very laborious if you have a large number of products. If that's the case, you might want to build a workflow for groups of line items instead of single items. Let me know if you need screenshots or more detailed information on any of these steps.

(Also keep in mind that this field will not update when companies stop using a certain product or cancel a service.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Exibir solução no post original

WinnieHien
Solução
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

resolver

2/5/24 Update: This feature is now in public beta. Access it via Product Updates in your HubSpot portal. 

Edit: This feature is in a Private Beta. You can enroll by following this link  and clicking "Request Beta". 

Hi Caroline, 

I'm from the HubSpot Product team. We're introducing a new card to view products (line items) from the Contact or Company record. No need to jump to the associated deal then look up the line items deal by deal anymore to see the full view. 

You’re able to use this card with Deals, Orders, or Invoices on the middle panel. It looks at the last 100 Deals, Orders or Invoices and gives you an aggregated view. If you or anyone in this thread is interested in this private beta, send me a DM with your email and I'll give you an orientation of the feature and invite you to the beta. 

Winnie

Exibir solução no post original

24 Respostas 24
MBouchard1
Participante | Parceiro Elite

resolver

Could I apply this to a custom object?? 

0 Avaliação positiva
WinnieHien

resolver

Not yet. We only pull in line items associated to Deals, Orders, or Invoices.

Orders and Invoices are new HubSpot native objects that are accessible through integrations-only at the moment. 

We'll monitor for demand for Custom Objects. If folks are intersted in seeing this card for Custom Objects, then upvote this post. Thanks! 

0 Avaliação positiva
WinnieHien
Solução

resolver

2/5/24 Update: This feature is now in public beta. Access it via Product Updates in your HubSpot portal. 

Edit: This feature is in a Private Beta. You can enroll by following this link  and clicking "Request Beta". 

Hi Caroline, 

I'm from the HubSpot Product team. We're introducing a new card to view products (line items) from the Contact or Company record. No need to jump to the associated deal then look up the line items deal by deal anymore to see the full view. 

You’re able to use this card with Deals, Orders, or Invoices on the middle panel. It looks at the last 100 Deals, Orders or Invoices and gives you an aggregated view. If you or anyone in this thread is interested in this private beta, send me a DM with your email and I'll give you an orientation of the feature and invite you to the beta. 

Winnie

KinChen
Participante

resolver

@WinnieHien Hi Winnie, I would like to enroll in the beta, please kindly let me know what I need to get to the enrollment. Thanks!

0 Avaliação positiva
WinnieHien

resolver

This feature is now in public beta. Access it via Product Updates in your HubSpot portal. 

Product Updates is in your top right corner - click your portal name, click product updates, then search for view products. Enroll in the beta from there! 

KinChen
Participante

resolver

That's awesome, I found that beta feature with the name "View Products Purchased from the Contact or Company Record" and participated it. It looks great and thanks for making the tutorial to introduce it too!

One thing that will be great is that we can customize the field for the product history. For our case, we have an expiry date for each product as the customized property and we would love to show that in the product history so that our sales can know when to approach the client again. Thanks!

0 Avaliação positiva
PamCotton
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

resolver

Hey @KinChen Thank you for your feedback!

For new feature suggestions, please consider posting on our Ideas Forum [here]. If you find a similar idea, give it an upvote and share your unique use case in the comments.

If your idea is not already there, feel free to create a new idea.

Thank you for being part of the discussion!

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Avaliação positiva
D_ARICI
Membro

resolver

Hi Winnie, great news. We'd like to be enrolled in this Beta, too.

0 Avaliação positiva
WinnieHien

resolver

@D_ARICI@MortenL, and @MBouchard1 you can enroll in this private beta through the Product Update page. 

The private beta involves a screener question and request for feedback. Follow the process in the link and I'll follow-up with you directly. 

0 Avaliação positiva
MBouchard1

resolver

Thank you @WinnieHien 

0 Avaliação positiva
MortenL
Colaborador(a) | Parceiro Diamante

resolver

Hi Winnie

We would like to be enrolled in this beta. Thanks.

0 Avaliação positiva
MBouchard1

resolver

Thank you for this. I'm a solution partner and my client absolutely need this. Can we join the BETA please??

0 Avaliação positiva
axusminul
Participante

resolver
Hi Winnie,

I am definitely interested in this beta!!!

Thanks,
Minul
WinnieHien

resolver

I sent you a DM with details on how to enroll in the beta. 🙂 Thanks for reaching out! 

0 Avaliação positiva
courtney_hickey
Colaborador(a)

resolver

We need this so badly! We're doing the same workaround as above but it is not a great proxy and is very time consuming.

0 Avaliação positiva
kvlschaefer
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

resolver

Hi @courtney_hickey,

Thank you for your feedback.

I would highly encourage you to upvote this related feature request in the Ideas Forum and comment in the thread if you haven't done so yet. 

Our product team who monitors the forum regularly will be able to read for your feedback and take it into account for potential product development.  Thank you! 

Best,

Kristen

0 Avaliação positiva
MrBean
Top colaborador(a)

resolver

Seems like line items should inherit associations to the primary companies on deals. 

0 Avaliação positiva
kvlschaefer
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

resolver

Hi @MrBean,

Thank you for your feedback.

Other customers have requested this feature in our Ideas forum: link here.

Our product team uses the Ideas Forum to collect customer feedback on how we can improve the product for our customers. They pay particular attention to the top-voted ideas. It would be great if you could support the request with an upvote and leave your feedback in the comments. Thank you! 

Best,

Kristen

0 Avaliação positiva
MortenL

resolver

We need exact the same. Very annoying that our client cannot make a list of the clients that have bought a certain product.

MCisneros
Participante

resolver

@karstenkoehler do you also have a workflow for when a product is canceled and needs to be removed from a company?