CRM

yuritonani
Contributor

Disable form

SOLVE

Hi,

Seems to be silly, but how can I disable a form to accept no more answers?? It's crazy, I can't find it.. 

Thanks all

1 Accepted solution
danielruby
Solution
Participant

Disable form

SOLVE

I don't think you can... you can either delete the form from the page itself or delete the form in HubSpot.

Alternatively, you could go into the form in HS, make all of the fields non-required and hidden, and then change the Submit button text to "We are no longer accepting submissions" or whatever is appropriate to your particular CTA.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12
CrazeCollective

Disable form

SOLVE

Does anyone know if we can unsubscribe from the emails for certain non hubspoy forms that are linked? If I delete just a few will they automatically re sync in the same way they automatically added in the first place?

0 Upvotes
JaneMoore
Contributor | Diamond Partner
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Disable form

SOLVE

This is feature is REALLY needed. We have a form submission that needs to go out every few months but we cannot accpet submissions out of the timeline, we have no way to turn the form on or off and deleting it is not an option as that would loose all data. 

Have a great day!
DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

Disable form

SOLVE

Hi @JaneMoore thank you for reaching out. 

At the moment is not possible, but the idea is submitted here

I encourage you to upvote the idea, this way it will be more visible for the product team therefore it will have more chances to be implemented in the future.

Best, 

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

simranrawat

Disable form

SOLVE

Hey,

It's possible. We can go to settings > Marketing > Forms.

• Click the Non-HubSpot Forms tab.
  • Click to toggle the Collect data from website forms switch on/off to enable/disable non-HubSpot forms.

We can't disable each form individually. But this helped.

Thanks

0 Upvotes
ZachSean
Participant

Disable form

SOLVE

+1. Another argument for disabling form submissions. We had a form on our (non-Hubspot) site. When we stopped accepting submissions for this form, we deleted the form from our site, but some users still had the page open without refreshing for hours after we deleted the form, so they were still able to submit it.

The other suggestions for hiding fields and changing the submit button text may work but are obviously not ideal, and I assume won't help much if the form is already loaded.

amandafann
Contributor

Disable form

SOLVE

I wish there was a disable button, but since there's not, just wanted to share a small suggestion for managing many forms in the Forms Tool in case this helps anyone.  Since all forms still appear as "Published", I've found it can become cumbersome to manage which forms are still being used and which aren't. So whenever we "retire" a form from the site, I rename the Form with "Archive_" at the front of the name and move it to a folder I created named "Archive".

@tMsZA To your question, no, there's not a way to deactivate the URL unless you delete the form, which as you mentioned you do not want to do. You can edit/hide the fields and change the color and text of the Submit button, as suggested  above. 

tMsZA

Disable form

SOLVE

Hi Guys, 

I have the very same query. 

Our hubspot form isnt embedded onto the site - pre site launch application form. 

The response data is critical and needed for multiple reason. 

It there a way to deactivate the URL? 

or do i have to edit the for to state that the form is not active and edit the submit button to not respond?

Timohoh
Participant

Disable form

SOLVE

+1

danielruby
Solution
Participant

Disable form

SOLVE

I don't think you can... you can either delete the form from the page itself or delete the form in HubSpot.

Alternatively, you could go into the form in HS, make all of the fields non-required and hidden, and then change the Submit button text to "We are no longer accepting submissions" or whatever is appropriate to your particular CTA.

ANgeow
Participant

Disable form

SOLVE

Just did this today.  Appreciate the ideas.

We hid all the fields AND hid the submit button by making it white text on white background and tiny font

0 Upvotes
yuritonani
Contributor

Disable form

SOLVE

Hi Daniel. But I'm wondering, why HS doesn't make a disable button?  

I would like to save the form and the respective answers for future consulting... 

Thanks for your help

danielruby
Participant

Disable form

SOLVE

Probably because you can remove it from whatever page it's on, and that effectively works as a disable feature. Not the most elegant solution, but at least it works, I suppose.

Think of it more like an image, or video, that you've embedded into a page on your site. You can remove it from the page without deleting the source object. I believe that's how HS views a form.

Again, I agree with you that it's not an ideal solution, but at least there's a couple of OK workarounds.