CRM

Lucid
Participant

Disable Auto Contact Creation in Deal Records

This used to be a function. Now, I have learned that HS automatically creates contacts for emails sent through a deal record / in-box. This is brutal since we connect with multiple contact through a deal. So if I have 100 contacts each deal with have the client contact record associated with it. Now when I email a lawyer, municipality, or other service provider on every single deal, their contacts get added to the deal record. This makes it impossible for staff to figure out who the client really is. This is especially burdensome when the side bar get populated with multiple contacts and now the clients are buried below the service providers we had emailed on.

I have sent an idea request on this but since we know these ideas can stay in limbo for years....does anyone who has the same issue have a solution?

Thread to "idea": HS IDEA: BRING BACK Disable Automatically adding a contact when emailing through a deal 

Thanks

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @Lucid,

This behavior can actually be achieved with the HubSpot Sales Chrome extension: "you can choose to only log emails to the record's associated deal records or only to existing contacts in your CRM." Have you explored this? Let me know if I'm understanding your requirements correctly.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Lucid
Participant

Thanks but this isn't the solution as we are not using Gmail / Chrome. There was a toggle in the preferences of HubSpot that allowed you to turn this feature off.

0 Upvotes