CRM

MattHayesMAF

Different owners for multiple contacts within a company record

SOLVE

Hi, 

Is it possible to have different owners for multiple contacts within a company record?

For example, if Smiths Ltd had 4 people in the system as contacts that were based all over the country, how do I assign each one of those contacts to a different Owner? 

I'd like my southern rep to look after one of the contacts, and my northern rep another. And then the overall Smiths Ltd record to sit under a 3rd.

Does that make sense?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MattHayesMAF,

Yes, this is possible. The same way you can specify a company owner you can specify an owner for each contact by following these steps: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/how-to-set-an-owner

Company and contact owner do not have to match.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

franksteiner79
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @MattHayesMAF 

Just adding to @karstenkoehler's point, as long as you have logic/rule of how those associations are supposed to happen - in your case territory, using workflows is the way to go.

It obviously requires you to know/capture the neccessary territory information at contact level, i.e. state or zip code, and then create a workflow that checks for contacts with certain states (FL, GA, AR, AZ = Southern) and then assigns the corresponding sales rep as contact owner.

Cheers

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MattHayesMAF,

Yes, this is possible. The same way you can specify a company owner you can specify an owner for each contact by following these steps: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/how-to-set-an-owner

Company and contact owner do not have to match.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

franksteiner79
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @MattHayesMAF 

Just adding to @karstenkoehler's point, as long as you have logic/rule of how those associations are supposed to happen - in your case territory, using workflows is the way to go.

It obviously requires you to know/capture the neccessary territory information at contact level, i.e. state or zip code, and then create a workflow that checks for contacts with certain states (FL, GA, AR, AZ = Southern) and then assigns the corresponding sales rep as contact owner.

Cheers

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project