CRM

Candello

Different list for companies for different projects

SOLVE

Hi, 

I'm working on different events where each event have a lot of different companies. I'm giving all the companies a call and I would like if I could be able to make different project like "Sport event december 2020" and "Design event july 2020" or "Food festival 2021" ect. 

Then I would like to import the companies who participate in these different events.

It seems like I can make a list with "Contacts" but I want to make a list with "Companies" 

And under "task" I would like to be able to add companies from this list and make a "View" based on that.

Thanks

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Candello,

Do these companies have records in your portal already or do you need to import them? Let's go through both options.

Import

There are two options. You can either import companies in separate lists, per events (HubSpot asks you if you want to create a list of companies). Or you create a custom company property, ideally a single-line text field, to keep track of where you first got in contact with that company, e.g. 'Sport event December 2020'. If you create this field, just make sure that your import file has a column matching the field:

Name Company Domain Name Event
Company1 www.company1.com Sport event December 2020
Company2 www.company2.com Design event July 2020
Company3 www.company3.com Food festival January 2021

You can learn about how to set up import files here.

Company records already created

If you already have those company records created, you could add them to static lists, matching the events that you've mentioned. Alternatively, you can also bulk edit the custom contact property mentioned above to associate them with the correct event.

Regarding list creation itself, you should be able to build lists of companies, just select 'Company-based' as shown below.

list.png

Once you have set up these lists (by import, by manually adding companies or by using the custom company property mentioned above), you can filter your company view by list membership or that property, see here.

In your view, you can select companies and directly create tasks:

company-task.png

If this was helpful for you, I'd appreciate it if you mark this post as a solution.

Cheers!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Candello,

Do these companies have records in your portal already or do you need to import them? Let's go through both options.

Import

There are two options. You can either import companies in separate lists, per events (HubSpot asks you if you want to create a list of companies). Or you create a custom company property, ideally a single-line text field, to keep track of where you first got in contact with that company, e.g. 'Sport event December 2020'. If you create this field, just make sure that your import file has a column matching the field:

Name Company Domain Name Event
Company1 www.company1.com Sport event December 2020
Company2 www.company2.com Design event July 2020
Company3 www.company3.com Food festival January 2021

You can learn about how to set up import files here.

Company records already created

If you already have those company records created, you could add them to static lists, matching the events that you've mentioned. Alternatively, you can also bulk edit the custom contact property mentioned above to associate them with the correct event.

Regarding list creation itself, you should be able to build lists of companies, just select 'Company-based' as shown below.

list.png

Once you have set up these lists (by import, by manually adding companies or by using the custom company property mentioned above), you can filter your company view by list membership or that property, see here.

In your view, you can select companies and directly create tasks:

company-task.png

If this was helpful for you, I'd appreciate it if you mark this post as a solution.

Cheers!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Candello

SOLVE

This was really helpful. I used the single line text field and it will work. 

Thank you

0 Upvotes