CRM

dhan88

Difference between hs_lastmodifieddate and lastmodifieddate?

SOLVE

We are using the contacts search endpoint (/crm/v3/objects/contacts/search) to fetch "all" contacts for syncing data. Because that endpoint is limited to paging through 10k contacts, we are sorting by `hs_lastmodifieddate` (desc) as a workaround to retrieve the most relevant contacts.

Recently we noticed that a contact was not being included because its `hs_lastmodifieddate` value is null. However, it's `lastmodifieddate` does have a value.

What's the difference between these two attributes? Why would one be null while the other isn't?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
PamCotton
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @dhan88  thank you for posting in our Community.

That is expected behavior. Lastmodifieddate is exposed in HubSpot on contact properties and in property settings, and as documented here, it reflects the last update to a contact's properties. hs_lastmodifieddate, however, is not exposed in app and will track any update at all on a record (not just property updates but email/analytics/page view activity, property updates, workflow progress, etc. More information in this community post here .

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
PamCotton
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @dhan88  thank you for posting in our Community.

That is expected behavior. Lastmodifieddate is exposed in HubSpot on contact properties and in property settings, and as documented here, it reflects the last update to a contact's properties. hs_lastmodifieddate, however, is not exposed in app and will track any update at all on a record (not just property updates but email/analytics/page view activity, property updates, workflow progress, etc. More information in this community post here .

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

NFox63

SOLVE

I feel like there has been a breaking change here. I'm also seeing hs_lastmodifieddate as null but I can see lastmodifieddate is set.

We need to track any update to the contact record so we've been using hs_lastmodifieddate for > 1 year now.

It doesn't make sense that this is null if lastmodifieddate is populated. hs_lastmodifieddate should always be >= lastmodifieddate; let me know if I am misunderstanding here.
0 Upvotes