CRM

jcworth
Participant

Detecting % change in a property

SOLVE

Hi All,

I'm hoping to fire off some workflows when a certain property (Current $MRR) sees any jump greater than something like 30%. That property value is currently pulled through a 3rd party integration and our product but I was hoping there was a simple way to achieve this given how property history is stored and can be reviewed. I was thinking of creating an additional property like Previous MRR so I'm able to do a calculation against Current MRR...but not sure how to populate that Previous MRR prop.

Example:

MRR: $1000 (Jan 1st)

MRR: $1010 (Jan 2nd) - Does not trigger workflow

MRR: $2000 (Jan 10th) - Triggers the 30% MRR increase workflow

Thanks in advance - Apperciate any suggestions!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
JHaber6
Solution
Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @jcworth , you're on the right track! To accomplish this:

1. Create a custom field called 'Previous MRR' to store the Previous MRR.
  2. Create a custom field called 'Current MRR - Delayed.' This field will only be used on the backend and should be hidden from users.
  3. Create a workflow that is triggered whenever the Amount if known. See the next steps in the screenshot below. The 'Current MRR - Delayed' field is essntially being used to transfer the data between the two fields. Hope that helps!

JHaber6_0-1672249283224.png

--

Jenna Haber
646-481-8115

Did my post help answer your question? If so, help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
SNigam
Key Advisor

SOLVE

I agree with @JHaber6 you have to use copy operation in workflow for populating both 2 fields but yes delay is important to keep.

JHaber6
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @jcworth , you're on the right track! To accomplish this:

1. Create a custom field called 'Previous MRR' to store the Previous MRR.
  2. Create a custom field called 'Current MRR - Delayed.' This field will only be used on the backend and should be hidden from users.
  3. Create a workflow that is triggered whenever the Amount if known. See the next steps in the screenshot below. The 'Current MRR - Delayed' field is essntially being used to transfer the data between the two fields. Hope that helps!

JHaber6_0-1672249283224.png

--

Jenna Haber
646-481-8115

Did my post help answer your question? If so, help the community by marking it as a solution.

jcworth
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks a ton Jenna! Worked well and inspired solutions to a few other things I was working on.