Details on exported list

Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor

Thank you to those who helped me find the way to get a list for shipping. Possibly @jennysowyrda and @Mike_Eastwood If I left anyone out - thanks to you too.

HubSpot product - Free CRM

Goal - obtain an export needing the least amount of manual editing.

Now that I have a custom field for shipping and a filtered list, I am ready to export for shipping.

Questions -

- Is it a best practice (or even feasible) to use the "actions" button and list everything in the filter view?

- if not, all properties require many deletes. Is there an alternate way?

- can filed be easily manipulated to read the way we ship - name; company; street; city; state; zip?

- how do we adjust for zip codes starting with a zero?

Thank you.

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Community Manager

Hi @gelflex-cc,

I'm glad you have been making progress with this process: 

-1. Is it a best practice (or even feasible) to use the "actions" button and list everything in the filter view?

Are you referring to exporting a filtered view of contacts? The export associated with the screen will pull contacts from the saved filter. 

2. if not, all properties require many deletes. Is there an alternate way?

The only options available are all properties or those in the column headers. 

3. can filed be easily manipulated to read the way we ship - name; company; street; city; state; zip?

You can manipulate the data offline by copying and pasting lines to different columns

4. how do we adjust for zip codes starting with a zero?

You can filter your data offline by zip code, and for any values that do not match the correct number of digits (and should have a zero) edit accordingly. 

I am sure there are other ways to accomplish these end goals as well Smiley Happy

Thanks,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Esteemed Advisor

@jennysowyrda 

Thank you.  UPS was here today and they don't like my export. I should rephrase, I can not use my export for batch shipping as there is a mapped template needed and I can not change it at all.

I am going to have to export, manipulate from there and then copy and paste.  I'll circle back with the first group.

Thank you for all your help and support.

Chris

0 Upvotes
Esteemed Advisor

-1. Is it a best practice (or even feasible) to use the "actions" button and list everything in the filter view?

Are you referring to exporting a filtered view of contacts? The export associated with the screen will pull contacts from the saved filter. 

When adding a filter that property then becomes part of the list (see picture). For an export, is it better to list the items as a filter or add the items to the actions, edit columns? Or what os the technical difference between the two?

gender.png

2. if not, all properties require many deletes. Is there an alternate way?

The only options available are all properties or those in the column headers. 

What are the default properties that show on the export regardless of the filter or the columns?

3. can file be easily manipulated to read the way we ship - name; company; street; city; state; zip?

You can manipulate the data offline by copying and pasting lines to different columns

Is this the only option? The process is getting more and more tedious - create a deal; move the deal along to closed won and create a custom property for those who need a product; use the date picker for better sorting options; create a filter for shipping; after export and ship then go back and create a custom filter to give the ship date to use later as part of the filter to not ship twice.

4. how do we adjust for zip codes starting with a zero?

You can filter your data offline by zip code, and for any values that do not match the correct number of digits (and should have a zero) edit accordingly. 

As this data will be copied into a csv, I am concerned the "0" will get missed and then the formatting inside the UPS bath csv file will reject.  If this happens, the processing time will be inefficient. No way to test prior to live event.

I am sure there are other ways to accomplish these end goals as well.

Me too but I really want to use the CRM for reporting purposes.  There is no dollar value as they are trials. But the deals tell us quickly where we are - who ordered who did not.  This is an exclusive deal to a franchise group. Knowing 1% or 99% want the trial kits help us understand where we need to improve.  The actual individual product sales will come from a distributor where we receive reports.

Thanks.

0 Upvotes